Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 17 April 2021 CE

10 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 17 April 2021 CE
Apr 18, 2021, 21:05
A Few Scattered Hours - Memory Drawings
Memory Drawings is, according to discogs, the instrumental project of Minneapolis-raised, Morocco-based hammered-dulcimer player Joel Hanson and a member of Hood (which is how they came to my attention). And this, their most recent album (from last year), is rather beautiful. There’s a remix disc with it, too. I’m less keen on the last two tracks which feature vocals, but the other numbers are really good, too. To put it mildly.

Rain On Lens - Smog
First Smog/Bill Callahan album I ever bought and I’ve been a fan ever since. With titles like Natural Decline and Live As If Someone Is Always Watching You it is obviously hardly a barrel of laughs.

Leaving Meaning - Swans
I must have been very tired towards the end of the week. I fell asleep listening to this, which is no mean achievement. It’s one of the most intense albums I have ever heard. Seriously good, too.

Remain In Light - Talking Heads
I heard Listening Wind last week and though not normally one of my fave tracks from this classic album, it totally blew me away so I thought it was time I listened to the whole thing. The Great Curve sounded particularly good this week.

Also…
Radar Men From The Moon - The Bestial Light
Bad / Badder 12” - Calibre & DRS V Mark Ernestus
Yeti Season - El Michels Affair
Jump Leads - Fila Brazillia
Devils Juice EP - Interstellar Funk & Robert Valera
Fame Monster / Fame - Lady Gaga
The Blakk Rainbow EP - Karim Maas
Tulips - Maston
Nest / With, Beside, Against - Hania Rani / Portico Quartet (split 12”)
Cosmic Truth / Higher Than High - The Undisputed Truth
S/T - Warpaint

Unsung Forum Index