10 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Edited Apr 18, 2021, 20:45
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 17 April 2021 CE
Apr 18, 2021, 20:34
Been changing 17 year old fused Suspension parts this afternoon. Thank god fer Plusgas release agent, else I'd still be out there. Had a real Stereolab head on me this week. I can go years without playing anything by them, then pig out fer a short while, then it's back on the shelf fer a few years.

Stereolab - Mars Audiac Quintet
This and Emperor Tomato Ketchup are responsible fer me buying just about everything they put out (except Sound Dust, which I still don't like.

Stereolab - Emp Tommy Ketch/ Instant O in the Universe EP/ Dots and Loops/ Cobra and Phases, Aluminium Tunes.
Don't play Instant O that often, but maaan, does the sound get dense in parts (in a good way, mind). Usually not that fussed with Alu Tunes, but hit the spot this week too.

Broadcast - Tender Buttons /Ha Ha Sound/Pendulum EP

Godflesh - Streetcleaner

Ministry - Cover Up
Daft/fun covers record. Esp love the 200 mile an hour drums on Roadhouse Blues.

Circle - Alotus
Having played this a fair deal over the years, I was surprised I actually noticed fer the first time that the guitarist makes a tiny bit of a fudge of the wonderful trancy geetar repetition on the first track.

Fat White Band - Champagne Holocaust 2CD

The Mystery Jets - Too Much Tension

Sonic Youth - NYC Ghosts.../Rarities

That's about all I recall. Looks warm this week, so hope you manage to enjoy the weather. Keep Well y'all!

Edit: Found the music on this nature docu 'Flicker and Pulse' a good accompaniment to what was happening on screen, Was done by Wendy Rae Fowler, aka Mark Lanagans partner. 23 days left should it be your kinda thang. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09bdyrh

Unsung Forum Index