Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
God help me I bought a Yes LP...and I LIKED it!!

18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1242 posts

The Thoughts of WTF OMG ROFLOL
Feb 26, 2021, 23:56
No problem, and weird you mention that album by Bayeté as I only knew his name, non-synth keyboards and a tiny photograph on the second Peter Gabriel album. Weird because the time it was released early autumn of 1978 I was listening to it as well as TORMATO (1978) on VERY heavy rotation, so they're always linked together in my mind.

The Nice? Oh, brother: What an absolute quagmire of good intentions, classical gassing, half baked psychedelia, errant music hall offcuts...and Davy O'List(!) Back in the day, their discography was a disastrous minefield of $2.99 remaindered compilations, expensive European imports, and cheap used US Immediate pressings...even ELP fans didn't know their records, because they were all out of print (and seemingly half of them featured "Rondo") and the only available record was a budget 2LP set on Mercury called KEITH EMERSON WITH THE NICE (1972) that was released in the wake of his success with ELP.

Best of luck with sallying forth into these sometimes grueling corners of Ur-progressive rock. But console yourself with the knowledge that the rewards will be that much sweeter for it. (Like when you realise that there is only one Yes solo album worth owning, and so forth...)

"Doyens of punk mysterioso," truly, man HAHAHAHA

Unsung Forum Index