Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 16 January 2021 CE
Jan 19, 2021, 09:12
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
You may, you may! Will read with interest. Thanks

Edit

Thanks for joining up the dots a bit. I think I added the album to a well known streaming library on the back of watching that Breadcrumb Trail documentary, which was in turn recommended by Mongo of this parish. Great article of course! Might have to revisit Laughing Stock too. Talk Talk obviously made quite the impression on you?

Yes, Talk Talk were pretty much the first non-metal/prog band that made a big impact on the teenage me off the back of the 'Life's What You Make It' single, and subsequently The Colour Of Spring. As such, I was lucky enough to see them live on their last tour. But yes, when Spirit Of Eden came out, I was completely blown away, and I think Laughing Stock is still my all-time favourite album.

I actually wrote an article for the French mag Rock & Folk about those last two TT albums, but it was never published... However, I think the definitive article on LS was also published by The Quietus, which as well as being a great overview of its creation, also has some interesting things to say about Mark Hollis: https://thequietus.com/articles/06963-talk-talk-laughing-stock
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index