Re: Musick to play in the dark review
Dec 16, 2020, 15:18
I had to look that up, but ... yeah!
garerama
garerama
1111 posts

Dec 18, 2020, 12:09
Just been notified about this https://infinitefog.bandcamp.com/album/loves-secret-domain-30th-anniversary-edition

Another Coil classic - it's all go!
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Edited Dec 19, 2020, 01:33
Dec 19, 2020, 01:26
Nice! still got my original CD copy though, so prob skip on this one. I guess it's a chance to own it on vinyl for those who would like to.
I do Wish they'd re-issue the original Angelic Conversation with the Judi Dench sonnets included, not the instrumental version released a while ago. It's a very restful, meditative listen. I managed to damage mine and now it won't play. Though I did copy it before the damage, so I do have a very CDr of it.
garerama
garerama
1111 posts

Dec 19, 2020, 09:36
Yes me too. Infact it was the first ever cd I bought when I was seduced to the that format in 1990 - so will give it a miss. Totally agree on Angelic Conversations - that needs to be reissued- replace my CD-r too. Did I share my experience with that music - I had just bought the How To Destroy Angels 12" in the early 90s (alas lost when I sold my original vinyl selection a long time ago) and was playing it and randomly put on the TV and woe and behold the Jarman film is on with the segment I was listening to - very freaky!
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Dec 20, 2020, 19:10
Spooky!

I remember video recording the Jarmen film 'Blue' for the Coil soundtrack off Channel Four when it used to be decent and show unusual content. It's since been released on blue vinyl, but the tape was the only way to hear it for years (well unless you had the video).
garerama
garerama
1111 posts

Dec 20, 2020, 20:48
Forgot about "Blue". I video taped it then (well gone now). Not heard the soundtrack since about then - might even have transferred to audio cassette - again lost. Very apt to have that one on blue vinyl.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index