New (old) Dope

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Re: New (old) Dope
Oct 23, 2020, 21:06
Just listened to this back to back and it aint bad. Nothing, Nothingless, Nothinglessness. Catchy as hell. My highlight is Too Much Religion. Love a bit of dub. What's the other project or album that had some dub on it in recent times? Was it Jhon Balance?

That's 4 Dope releases I have now. All on CD. Without any of them being a nailed on classic, they all have enough about them for me to want to listen to the next. The Dope featuring Cope tape on environmental studies is the one omission in my collection that I haven't been able to source as yet.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1704 posts

Oct 24, 2020, 17:14
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
Just listened to this back to back and it aint bad. Nothing, Nothingless, Nothinglessness. Catchy as hell. My highlight is Too Much Religion. Love a bit of dub. What's the other project or album that had some dub on it in recent times? Was it Jhon Balance?

That's 4 Dope releases I have now. All on CD. Without any of them being a nailed on classic, they all have enough about them for me to want to listen to the next. The Dope featuring Cope tape on environmental studies is the one omission in my collection that I haven't been able to source as yet.

The vinyl version of that dayglo potleaf album is readily available. The tape is long sold out.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2383 posts

Oct 24, 2020, 18:27
I bought the tape when it was released and the 12" later used fer a few quid. The vinyl is out there, not too extortionate fer new copies on ebay ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dope-Dee-Dee-Ramone-Story-Feat-Julian-Cope-VINYL-NEW/303661408292?hash=item46b3a16024:g:GisAAOSwyL9fQBVU
Renoir
31 posts

Oct 25, 2020, 14:15
In some ways I've all the Dope stuff except for 'Odin On Acid' (and the '666' 10'' b-side '1381'). Anyone can help me with a rip version? I've lost the vinyl issue (even because I don't know if my turntable is still working) and then waited a long for a download but, unfortunately, uselessly!
phallus dei
583 posts

Oct 28, 2020, 22:49
Renoir wrote:
In some ways I've all the Dope stuff except for 'Odin On Acid' (and the '666' 10'' b-side '1381'). Anyone can help me with a rip version? I've lost the vinyl issue (even because I don't know if my turntable is still working) and then waited a long for a download but, unfortunately, uselessly!

I've got a mp3 rip of "Odin on Acid" if you need - you can contact me at jmksyh at gmail.com
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Re: Old New Dope
Oct 29, 2020, 03:56
As Dope seems to be one of our things at present, let's not forget this:

https://www.sydarthurfestival.com/july-24th-1895-robert-graves-birthday

Good then, equally good now.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index