Topic View: Flat | Threaded
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Edited Apr 13, 2020, 05:36
Book Of Seth - 20 Years!
Apr 13, 2020, 05:35
And the recent Bohren Und Der Club Of Gore - Gore Motel review
( https://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/thebookofseth/bohren-und-der-club-of-gore-gore-motel ) is yet again one compelling and evocative piece of writing about an excellent slab of sonic sustenance for these dark ages!

Thanks and congratulations for the great work!
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Re: Book Of Seth - 20 Years!
Apr 15, 2020, 20:49
HI DEN wrote:
( https://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/thebookofseth/bohren-und-der-club-of-gore-gore-motel ) is yet again one compelling and evocative piece of writing about an excellent slab of sonic sustenance for these dark ages!

Many thanks for the praises, man!

HH2020...Who woulda thunk?

That was before YouTube, Facebook, Twitter & MySpace, iPods, smartphones...

Amazon was just beginning to sell things beyond just books.

Google was still saying 'Don't do evil.'

Most of the people here...weren't.
And most of the people who were...aren't.

But, some things remain the same. So thanks to anybody who ever liked what I wrote.

And special thanks to everybody at Head Heritage who made this site happen (and into happening one): Julian Cope, Dorian Cope, and Holy McGrail. Hail!
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Apr 15, 2020, 21:58
Here's to the next 20 years drude. You're the (Seth) Man!!!
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Apr 16, 2020, 02:17
Zariadris wrote:
Here's to the next 20 years drude. You're the (Seth) Man!!!

Thanks you, Zariadris, really kind of you.

By the way, hope the new Elevators purchases you mentioned last month worked out.
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Apr 16, 2020, 16:03
The Seth Man wrote:

By the way, hope the new Elevators purchases you mentioned last month worked out.

Thank you for asking man. I've been meaning to write an update. I've been listening to them constantly, immersing myself in rediscovering this music, which has been key in helping me get through things recently. Apart from the recordings themselves, the liner notes are terrific, typos and all. While I've loved this music for ages, I never really knew all that much about the band, and I never realized what a driving force Tommy Hall was. So much more than a pretty electric jug player.

I'll share a few thoughts, for whatever they're worth, when I get my shit together.

Anyway, thank you again for the recommendation. It's meant a lot.
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Apr 17, 2020, 00:25
Well, it sounds like it's doing what monumental music often does.

No problem for the recommendations, glad to be of use, man.
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Edited Apr 17, 2020, 13:33
Apr 17, 2020, 13:32
The Seth Man wrote:
HI DEN wrote:

Many thanks for the praises, man!

HH2020...Who woulda thunk?

That was before YouTube, Facebook, Twitter & MySpace, iPods, smartphones...

Amazon was just beginning to sell things beyond just books.

Google was still saying 'Don't do evil.'

Most of the people here...weren't.
And most of the people who were...aren't.

But, some things remain the same. So thanks to anybody who ever liked what I wrote.

And special thanks to everybody at Head Heritage who made this site happen (and into happening one): Julian Cope, Dorian Cope, and Holy McGrail. Hail!

HH2020, Yeah!

20 years, genuinely feels like a lifetime ago. Started already tuning in around then. But it took me few years to sign in (around 2004, I think). And seems that already then many who were around the millenium weren't anymore.

Whoa!
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Apr 17, 2020, 17:27
Fuck yeah Seth Man. Onward to 2040.

I think I started popping in here regularily around 2001, but the forum search only goes back to 2003 right now so I can't even see my first posts. I'm pretty sure it was about trying to sort out the mess of Stooges bootleg cds that were worth buying (spoiler alert: they all were).

Searching back, it was 2004 when Seth got the move from the reviews section to his own area. As someone who has yet to post a single review of his own on this website, I'm blown away by the sheer volume of writing Seth had given away over the years.

Several of Seth Man's picks got scooped up by JC for a latter AOTM. I know there was a lot of cross-pollination of musical discoveries, but its interesting to me to read Seth's take on Von LMO or Randy Holden.

Cheers Seth Man for keeping us informed and engaged with the sounds that are making you move.
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Apr 17, 2020, 17:48
Have you seen Psychedelic Paul's new visual history?
https://shop.mexicansummer.com/product/paul-drummond-13th-floor-elevators/
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Apr 18, 2020, 15:42
Thanks a lot, Citizensmurf. Although it's hard to convey on a message board, it means a lot. Many thanks.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index