The In-Psychlopaedia: Cope discography

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
darrell
49 posts

Edited Mar 10, 2020, 06:03
Re: The In-Psychlopaedia: Cope discography
Mar 10, 2020, 06:00
Pleased to see that a few of you are digging the discog - and it's already producing the type of info-nuggets from the true heads that I was hoping for.

Haven't really had much chance yet to reference alternate versions of individual tracks (I love that longer 'Hairy Music' on the BD LP) but that's gonna be an area I will expand in time.

My excel document was really disorganised, so setting up the web listing gave me the chance to get it into shape. Designing it was a blast - figuring out the individual pages and categories ('Teardrops', essential; 'solo', likewise; but then what??) I hope that the final decision to go with a 'side-projects' rock section and the 'Jehovahkill Blue'-hued catch-all thang is working for site visitors. Seems to be - the 'Unconfirmed Sightings' and 'labels' sub-headings are already grabbing attention, it seems.

Citizensmurf, you're right on as far as 'Roger' are concerned. After doing what passes these days for 'shaking my ass' to 'Champagne and Horns' yesterday afternoon, I concur that Randy and co(pe?) are indeed the real mothershipfunkin' deal. I'll amend that rather crass and hasty and completely misguided 'fake funk' assessment next update.

On the question of 'unconfirmed sightings', I'm relieved to hear that it isn't just me who has started to hear Cope's voice and playing style every time I play a Kraut obscurity or something Japanese!! And I'm yet to delve into the whole 'Merlin Zol' debate...

I've added a personal 'wants' list on the final 'Contact' page too - a dozen or so items still missing from my Julian collection. Some of these are easy to find but I just haven't got round to buying yet - one or two seem a little more scarce, or over-priced if located. But if anyone has a spare 'Concert Climax' or 'Juan Fluorescent', give us a shout, eh?

So pleased that 'The In-Psychlopaedia' is proving a hit with the people who matter. Please help me to make it an accurate and informative source. Amazing contributions so far. Thanks.

Unsung Forum Index