Unsung Forum »
The In-Psychlopaedia: Cope discography

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
darrell
49 posts

Re: The In-Psychlopaedia: Cope discography
Mar 10, 2020, 10:33
Ah, thanks CE - valuable info on that bootleg, and if you can retrieve your Trampolene details and info I'd love to browse through it all.

Sometimes when you set up a page or site, you feel as if you're opening yourself up to online criticism, sniping, people pointing out mistakes, etc - but the responses to this discography here have been so, so positive. That's Cope fans for ya.
common era
865 posts

Mar 10, 2020, 14:01
darrell wrote:
Ah, thanks CE - valuable info on that bootleg, and if you can retrieve your Trampolene details and info I'd love to browse through it all.

Sometimes when you set up a page or site, you feel as if you're opening yourself up to online criticism, sniping, people pointing out mistakes, etc - but the responses to this discography here have been so, so positive. That's Cope fans for ya.

Hi Darrell, will need your email address to send the files over. I'll package up all the files from the last version of Trampolene I have on file. I think I last worked on it in 2012. Hopefully it will be of some use to you! Cheers - CE
common era
865 posts

Edited Mar 10, 2020, 15:29
Mar 10, 2020, 15:12
Trampolene - a late reprieve!

Hi darrell. I have slipped the files for the last version of trampolene into the backend of my website. Don't want to keep it up there forever, but thought it might be of some use to have it alive and kicking again for a while. There may be broken or missing links, but here is the site as it was way back when...

http://www.andrewjohnstonedesign.co.uk/trampolene/index.htm

I think the most relevant section to you will be the music pages:

http://www.andrewjohnstonedesign.co.uk/trampolene/Music/index.htm
phallus dei
583 posts

Mar 10, 2020, 16:19
Citizensmurf wrote:

No way. I bought that original Rock Section 7" after 131 came out, and it certainly smelled like 1981. The simplest explanation is that he sampled the song. Why would he bother going to all that effort to create a whole other body of work anonymously?

Good question! Along the same lines, why would a certain "Robert Courtney" continue to record a wealth of material in anonymity, and then suddenly release it all via Bandcamp around the time of 131?

If you play the Robert Courtney stuff alongside Cope's other 131 aliases, it doesn't sound all that different. And Cope's certainly shown himself to be a persistent and prolific MoFo. Isn't it more likely that Robert Courtney's just another alias, which Cope has left unconfirmed so as to add to the mystery of the 131 project?
darrell
49 posts

Edited Mar 10, 2020, 19:01
Mar 10, 2020, 18:56
Many thanks, CE. Looking forward to having a browse through.

If you need my email you'll find it on the 'contact' page at the end of the website.

ETA - after looking at your site for about thirty seconds, I've already found clarification of a long-standing issue I was never sure about! Namely, the various 'interview' LPs - I don't have these and had always figured that the pink vinyl and pic disc were variants (possibly bootlegged) of the Saint Julian interview. From your notes and running times, it seems not...
common era
865 posts

Edited Mar 11, 2020, 10:18
Mar 11, 2020, 10:10
darrell wrote:
Many thanks, CE. Looking forward to having a browse through.

If you need my email you'll find it on the 'contact' page at the end of the website.

ETA - after looking at your site for about thirty seconds, I've already found clarification of a long-standing issue I was never sure about! Namely, the various 'interview' LPs - I don't have these and had always figured that the pink vinyl and pic disc were variants (possibly bootlegged) of the Saint Julian interview. From your notes and running times, it seems not...

Yes, the items mentioned are separate interview discs. Feel free to grab anything from the site you may need and let me know if you have any other questions. As I mentioned before the site extends up to about 2012, but is fairly complete up to that point.

The cover scans aren't very big by today's standards as the site began back when the internet was steam powered and so images needed to be smaller so that you didn't have to wait a week for them to load. The original version of Trampolene launched at the end of the last century! Cheers! CE
MARTASE
MARTASE
603 posts

Mar 15, 2020, 04:08
I'd be interested to know what Julian's involvement was on the Lucifer NYC's FOAD 2012 release 'Not I'. I didn't get a copy but would love to hear it after listening again recently to the'T'sday Night Wodensday Morning 2' (Biker FM) recording I have.
Near the beginning there's a specially recorded session by Lucifer NYC which clearly features Julian on vox.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index