FOAD find! Another gap filled.

12 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
darrell
49 posts

Edited Feb 29, 2020, 16:43
Re: FOAD find! Another gap filled.
Feb 29, 2020, 16:38
Playing the album now. How I've lived without this for so long, I don't know. Well worth the wait. Lovely packaging design (the closest a jewel-cased CD cover can get to being 'gatefold', I guess!) with Mark in traditional HH/FOAD/Brain Donor devil-horn-throwing, axe-wielding pose; and music to match. Julian's bass-work is very prominent and noticeable, but in no way does it take the shine off the main man's staggering performance. I'd be happy to have this in the collection if it were a piece of unlistenable crap, given my incurable completism - but the reason we're obsessed with tracking all of this stuff down is that we know 99 per cent of it will hit that sweet spot in our mind's eye.

I've been working on a JC discography for a while now (started mainly for my own personal use, to make some sense of exactly what I'd got and what I needed, but which I may make public soon as well as inviting corrections/additions); by my count, and with this recent purchase, I'm down to missing just a handful of items now. Though who knows what other stray pseudonyms/side projects/guest spots might be out there besides the dozens we already know and love?!

Unsung Forum Index