Unsung Forum »
The Teardrop Explodes (Cope’s Notes #1)

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
potjebier
16 posts

The Teardrop Explodes (Cope’s Notes #1)
Dec 02, 2019, 12:26
Now in the merchandiser: https://www.headheritage.co.uk/merchandiser/item/HHPRESS4/
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: The Teardrop Explodes (Cope’s Notes #1)
Dec 02, 2019, 13:15
potjebier wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. This is the reason I pop into the forum everyday rain or shine.
Jeez
98 posts

Dec 02, 2019, 15:56
This looks great! Is this an original marketing concept? Being a Cope fan is still exciting! :-)
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Dec 03, 2019, 07:21
If it's #1, how manny will follow?!
drudeawakening
138 posts

Dec 03, 2019, 12:17
I think this covers the Teardrops; I reckon there'll be one for Fried/WSYM period - possibly encompassing St Julian/My Nation (the Tamworth Years?)

Then it gets a little complicated. I think Peggy and Jehovahkill respectively demand their own similar package, but since those two albums are regarded as a trilogy along with Autogeddon, perhaps we'll be set to receive a 'Cope's Notes' on that basis.

Seriously, I'll echo what people have said before: I'd be more than happy to support a subscription model for this material - just bill me for whatever HH puts out :)
Jeez
98 posts

Dec 04, 2019, 13:16
Note to anyone who is on the fence: This is brilliant. Essential. A must buy. Hopefully the first of many. I love it! :-D Thanks Julian!
thesussexidler
64 posts

Dec 04, 2019, 16:20
Actually - I'm on that fence! Why so good?
Jeez
98 posts

Edited Dec 04, 2019, 18:01
Dec 04, 2019, 17:59
The booklet consists of photographs of all his existing original lyrics, including "I'm Bloody Sure You're On Dope" :-) Rare photos from the from A Shallow Madness onwards. Also includes poems. The cd is a mysterious wonder. Snatches of early Teardrops mixed with what sounds modern material, things that sound like Skellington, Discover Odin style too. Unheard (by me) music, part autobiographical audio, a great Falklands War track, all sorts of stuff. Whatever I say will not do it justice. It is fab IMO. Maybe it's not for those who like Greatness & Perfection or Dope. It's Teardrops with new Cope mixed in.
thesussexidler
64 posts

Dec 05, 2019, 07:20
Interesting. Thank you. Wallet reached for......
Jeez
98 posts

Edited Dec 05, 2019, 13:06
Dec 05, 2019, 08:51
I'm just so loving this cd. There's a pre-Teardrops medley too, but some of it is definitely new recordings, and it sounds great! Right out of Julian's box of surprises is the really lovely track 'The Tingletangle Maiden', with its haunting gothic piano/mellotron structure and ghostly falsetto. It's flipping marvellous.
I think this is the standout. It's his best track since 'Julian In The Underworld'.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index