Unsung Forum »
The Teardrop Explodes (Cope’s Notes #1)

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Bourbonus
Bourbonus
66 posts

Edited Dec 05, 2019, 10:54
Re: The Teardrop Explodes (Cope’s Notes #1)
Dec 05, 2019, 10:52
Mine has just arrived. I've not liked some of the recent C(D)ope output, but then I'd rather have a few misses, with a lot of good, inventive, eclectic stuff, than somebody that plays it safe, and does the same thing with each release. Had a quick look at the pictures, it's a beautiful package. Will have a listen to it later, as I bless my Atheist cotton socks, whilst hypocritically putting up my Xmas tree and decorations. Ps. Cheers to the Drude Boy page on Facebook, as they're always quick with info about releases, etc, and therefore partly responsible for lightening my wallet! :-)
darrell
50 posts

Dec 05, 2019, 11:25
Thanks for plugging my FB 'Drude Boy' page, Bourbonus - sorry that my frequent posts about new Cope gear costs you so much money, but I guess we're all in the same boat!

My copy of Cope's Notes #1 just arrived too, looking lovely (along with The Fall's live box set 'Another Set of Ten') so I'll be giving the rejigged Teardrops a listen later on, between various MES live rants. HH do get these things in the post with impressive rapidity.
Makkr
308 posts

Edited Dec 05, 2019, 19:18
Dec 05, 2019, 19:17
A very cool item indeed with some previous unseen pics and interesting to see original lyrics with lines crossed through them on songs such as 'Passionate Friend', 'Strasbourg' and 'Colours Fly away'.

'Kolly Kibber's Birthday' was to be titled 'The Distance Between'.

Look forward to Cope's Notes #2.
Bourbonus
Bourbonus
66 posts

Edited Dec 06, 2019, 09:09
Dec 06, 2019, 09:04
darrell wrote:
Thanks for plugging my FB 'Drude Boy' page, Bourbonus - sorry that my frequent posts about new Cope gear costs you so much money, but I guess we're all in the same boat!

My copy of Cope's Notes #1 just arrived too, looking lovely (along with The Fall's live box set 'Another Set of Ten') so I'll be giving the rejigged Teardrops a listen later on, between various MES live rants. HH do get these things in the post with impressive rapidity.

I don't mind when it's a quality item like this, the quality of the cd was up there with the booklet, I thoroughly recommend it, and looking forward to #2. Some cracking tracks on there and the potential of future releases in this vein is very appealing.

As for the quickness and reliability of the posting, could we get some representatives of HH to sort out Royal Mail? I've stopped shopping with some online, South American sounding retailers, as, certainly in my neck of the woods, damaged items seemed compulsory, but with HH it's always a very quick and safe delivery. Have they put Prince Andrew in charge of Royal Mail? They certainly deny ever losing my items, apart from the ones they damage.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Dec 20, 2019, 16:30
Dec 10, 2019, 00:14
It is marvellous. I utterly love it. Every single track hits the nail on the head. It is all just so good. I love the packaging, the format, the wit and the kinda playfulness which just soaks through everything on the disc.
Cope has said they'll never re-form and I can see why... they never really went away. These tracks, poems and little musical vignettes prove (to me) that The Teardrop Explodes were a state of mind I entered whenever I played their records. That state still exists. In the last forty years it has always been there when I played their records. It's still here, there, way out there, somewhere...
Carlos
Carlos
3885 posts

Dec 21, 2019, 12:21
Ordered mine the first day on the merch but is still to arrive :-(
Jeez
98 posts

Dec 21, 2019, 14:02
Is head heritage usually quick to Portugal?
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1704 posts

Dec 21, 2019, 15:30
Carlos wrote:
Ordered mine the first day on the merch but is still to arrive :-(

As did I, but its generally a few weeks to Canada. Also with the holidays might be more delay.
theidealcopy
5 posts

Dec 23, 2019, 15:08
potjebier wrote:

Has anyone in the states received a copy yet? I ordered mine on December 2nd, and it hasn't arrived. I live in Ohio, and I usually receive Head Heritage packages within a week to 10 days. Maybe delayed because of the holidays?

Eric
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Dec 23, 2019, 20:12
not yet...ordered on Dec 4th.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index