Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 16 November 2019 CE

22 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 16 November 2019 CE
Nov 19, 2019, 10:35
The gig was on Saturday at my fav gig venue in Cornwall - The Fish Factory near Falmouth. We're not exactly choc a block with venues in this part of the country - its an hour's drive from where I live. It is a very small and intimate affair, with about a 50 or 60 capacity. It was mostly full, but I think half of that was from other bands on the bill!

It was a very noisy gig and it took about a day for my hearing to return to its normal levels. I hadn't heard much previously beyond the odd youtube video. Reminded me a little of Pontiak, although my gig going buds thought it was a bit more one dimensional without the mix of quiet and loud. Possibly. I really enjoyed it - especially the encore which they resolutely refused to end as it went on for about half an hour - same track I think? They finished by hanging their guitars from the rafters! Other opinions available was that it went on 20 mins too long. I was into it though - although it was perhaps a bit on the loud side and required ear plugs.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index