Barrowlands - 1995

52 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Re: Barrowlands - 1995
Apr 04, 2019, 14:39
I've looked and looked and I'm convinced I see my own young face in the crowd shot on the cover, to the right of his bum bum, behind the front row, from memory its the right place for me in the crowd and I clearly remember such a moment. So I reckon its Bristol!

It was September and the first time I saw see Julian play, the first time I'd been to a gig on my own, I got the train from Swindon. I was 19 and had been a fan since I was 11 so it was really exciting. I remember it as being wild and frenzied, euphoric even. He and his band were every bit as freaky as I hoped and I loved him more than ever when he pulled me to the front and gave me a big kiss. The next day I left home for the first time. At the gig, I bought a t-shirt, head on, and a big tour poster. I moved into my little room in a shared house, his poster on my wall. I immersed myself in his writing for the first couple of weeks as I got to know my way around and make new friends at the art college. I've seen him play countless gigs since and I still feel excited every time but the memories of that gig will always be synonymous with when I was bursting with a new found independence. Absolutely loving this release, and enjoying wearing my 95 t-shirt too!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index