Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Re: Barrowlands - 1995
Apr 01, 2019, 21:53
garerama wrote:
Andfurthermoreagain wrote:

Just one thing though (Columbo) - Is it me, or is the version of Reynard actually the Westminster 1987 version? haven't done an a/b with Copulation but the intro "This is in fact Reynard the Fox" is the same.

I haven't heard the Westminster 1987 version, but Reynard is very stereo whereas the rest of it (bar a few odd bits) seems mono - even the audience is centred - whereas in Reynard the audience is very wide. I have commented earlier on this thread regarding its mono-ness. Great selection all the same...

Yeah, I noticed a few odd 'stereo' bits - like the backing vocals on Don't Take Roots. To be honest, everything Cope does with stuff like this tends to be deliberate, him being such a fan of rock and roll 'gimmicks'. And knowing his sense of humour, it wouldn't surprise me if he's done a tongue in cheek homage to so-called classic live albums (overdubs and the odd track from a different show).
Anyone else would just master the tracks and stick it out without much thought, but I can just imagine him going "no, we've got to do this properly - like Alive II".
I like it!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index