Topic View: Flat | Threaded
garerama
garerama
1110 posts

Edited Mar 29, 2019, 22:05
Re: Barrowlands - 1995
Mar 29, 2019, 22:03
tippy wooder wrote:
Mine arrived this morning. Really good, though I think it's pretty much in mono - everything is ultra-centralised in the mix.

Mine arrived today - ordered yesterday - very speedy. Listened to it on the cans out and about this evening and have to agree very mono. There are sparse moments of stereo-ness that sound like overdubs (particularly synth at end of "East Easy Rider" (I think) and backing vocals at end of "Passionate Friend") but surely they can't be!

Considering I spent a lot of my late teens into mid-20s at the Barrowlands (sadly not this gig) it does in places have a particular audience ambience very typically Weedgy and Barrowlandish that is very well captured.

3 hour show - wow! Never got that length at any of the Barrowlands gigs I was at. The shortist was The Mary Chain (25 mins, Psychocandy era in 1986) and the longest was probably Marillion (in between Fugazi and Childhood - end of 1984) which was almost 2 hours ... I had to get the boot of the later on a C-120 at the Barrowland market shortly after...

Anyway keep them coming - could do a Psychic TV thing and release a live album a month ...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index