Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Mar 02, 2019, 12:23
Re: Remastered Autogeddon in a fancy box with bonus stuff
Mar 02, 2019, 11:34
Citizensmurf wrote:

"Need" is a highly relative term. Products exist and we buy them based on our wants. No one can truly judge anyone's frivolity over their own.

I wasn't judging anyone. Truly or untruly.

I just think we need to be chopping down fewer trees and creating less future landfill. We all have this stuff. If not- get a copy from eBay for pennies and blag the "rare" stuff from anyone on here.

The school I work in has recently taken to issuing every diner's salad, sauce, coleslaw, carrots and sundry vegetable accompaniments in seperate, individual plastic containers. A colleague arrived with a tray bearing her chips and beef stew (in a polystyrene box) alongside FOUR additional plastic containers (each the size of your fist) bearing her sundry healthy accompaniments. All totally un-necessary. Not needed. Could ALL have been put on a washable plate with a washable spoon. All served and eaten with disposable plastic cutlery.

Part of me died seeing that too. I didn't judge her for the lunch she had bought. It cost her less than £2. What a bargain for us all. The plastic is here forever and no-one charges the canteen a penny for generating it and not dealing with its disposal.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index