Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Re: Best of the Drudion.
Dec 05, 2018, 17:38
drudeawakening wrote:
The Seth Man wrote:
Hi, drudeawakening.

Here's several that come to mind that have stuck with me ever since Julian first reviewed them:

Tetragrammaton: "Elegy for Native Tongues"
Live, free form improvisation that reminds me of the Philip K. Dick quote "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." The weaving and repetitive textures of this album elevate to a point where they collect and hold like a low pressure system.
And when it's over, you can go to sleep.

Nathaniel Mayer: "Why Don't You Give It To Me?"
Stellar offering from late in Mayer's life with soulfully grizzled vocals with great garage backing. Side two has a great live run-on of several songs that Julian accurately compared to another side two: Kim Fowley's OUTRAGEOUS (1968) album. (If you don't know it...get it.)

Death Comes Along: "Death Comes Along"
I second Citizensmurf's reply. This album is truly brilliant: absolutely insane, fucked up, cryptic, psychotic, psychedelic and every other adjective you can think of for a record that makes you feel like you're on drugs when you're straight and...dead when you're on drugs.

A.R. & Machines: "Echo"
A masterpiece. This double album expands time whenever I listen to it. Nearly the soundtrack of everything that's ever happened in human history, both known and unknown.

Boredoms: "Vision Creation Newsun"
Disorienting, inspiring, energetic, wild and at points blissfully simple, this album stands up all these long years since I first bought it a day after I first read Julian's review...November 2001?!!

Furze: "Sathanas' Megalomania" (off the "Necromanzee Cogent" album)
Julian wrote about this in his NEFARIOUS ARTISTS custom compilation review.
Hectic metal that makes you wonder what's going on for 23 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Wow, thanks so much for your response and your always-excellent reviews. Lots to go on there. And I agree about ‘Death Comes Along’. It’s immense!!

Thank you for the kind words, drudeawakening and best of luck with scouring the Address Drudions. There's a hell of a lot of great stuff in there!

Unsung Forum Index