16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 24 November 2018 CE
Nov 25, 2018, 18:54
Amon Duul ii - Yeti and Tanz der Lemminge
Got a bit of an Amon Duul thing going lately, never really got into them in a big way. Now I'm enjoying the ride.

King Crimson - Live In Vienna (3CD)
Saw them recently at The Palladium, and they were astonishingly good. This set isn't that recent, but it is a great recording of a great band in full flow. Will have to get some more of these live sets.

Robert Fripp - Let The Power Fall
Really enjoyed re-visiting this. Great late night listen.

Osibisa - S/T and Woyaya
Bringing some sunshine to these gloomy November evenings.

Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O - Iao Chant From the Melting Paraiso Underground Freak Out
Title says it all really.

The Fall - Bend Sinister
Still can't quite believe Mark has pegged it.

Vinyl:

Various - The Three Seasons (the spring, summer and autumn of love)
Entertaining 3 album set on Fruits de Mer, including gems like Anton Barbeau doing Sunshine Superman and The Electric Prunes doing 7 and 7 is.

Hey Colossus - Black and Gold
Up until now I've been a bit *shrug* about Hey Colossus, but something someone said about them this week triggered something for me, and on revisiting I'm really enjoying them. Must get more.

Domboshawa - Beyond Vibrations
Brilliant double album on Drone Rock Records - lovely gatefold and vinyl colours. And it sounds pretty amazing too - long psychedelic guitar pieces which creep into your brain and feed your ears.

Acid Mother Temple - Reverse of Rebirth In Universe
Another gorgeous set - green vinyl and fab cover. I guess this is a bit of a departure for AMT, a bit more light and shade maybe? Great record.

Melting Hand - Faces of Earth
Can't beat a bit of Melting Hand when you want to mong out.

The Oscillation - Wasted Space
I found their last release quite interesting, but it didn't grab me like this one has. Electronic and psychedelic, yet still with an accessible groove.

Advertising Content:
Buy my album
https://theweirdbeard.bigcartel.com/product/black-tempest-psyberspace
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index