Is this Copes most honest interview...?...oh and Fido's Blues Links

23 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Sep 29, 2018, 22:41
Re: Is this Copes most honest interview...?...oh and Fido's Blues Links
Sep 29, 2018, 22:33
Got to watch "Fido's Blues" today with a few beers in hand, as was no doubt intended. Anyone know who "Fido" was?
From my persepctive, the video is a Major Event, reconfriming my belief that the Black Sheep era was Cope's most politically / artistically focused period since the Trilogy. I'm not sure why Cope second-guessed himself to only give this video a limited release. It's pretty fucking rad. Thanks to Monganaut for aleting us to this, and to the orignal poster on YouTube (Tony Mack).
One of the things I find impressive about this period is Cope's ability to draw from both the Left & the Right. He pays homage to Winston Churchill at the same time he quotes from Marx & Castro. It's this all-embracive perspective that we need today if we're ever going to free ourselves from the Greedheads. Left & Right against the Center!
Stylistically, I read the lack of musical / visual syncronization as a homage to Ethan Mousike's film on Les Rallizes Denudes. Aside from Cope, the other Hero from the video is Acoustica, who seems Possessed. I've not heard his "A Letter to My Rose" ep, is it any good?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index