Topic View: Flat | Threaded
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Edited Sep 20, 2010, 15:20
Re: Photos from Croydon gig
Sep 20, 2010, 10:34
sencha wrote:
Nice looking audience! Was there a rousing welsh chorus of a proto-christian hymn or 'cha' or 'Closer to the Heart' or something?

Who is the guy portrayed in the first picture , with the center part, is that George?

What is the keyboard instrument Julian Played? A wurlitzer piano, synthesizer in disguise?

I liked the part where he became bright light, a firefly or something...

Uh, that's all the questions for now

Thanks

That guy is Ady aka Acoustica one of the Black Sheep.

http://www.myspace.com/acoustikauk

Julian played the electric Piano and Mellotron.

:o)
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Sep 20, 2010, 11:15
Sep 20, 2010, 11:13
Nice pix, thanks for posting. Er, and i will download a few too, unfortunately my computers memory's a bit more reliable than my own these days.

Anyway, thought the venue was classy ( you can't beat a bit of wood panelling, shame the balcony library upstairs was closed ), as was the audience too of course !

Despite arriving late, it was great to see and meet so many faces both old and new, i'm only sorry i didn't get to meet more of you.

Thoroughly enjoyed Julian's set, thought the mix of songs and banter was just about right, and i've gotta say i thought he was in excellent voice. Highlights for me included Soul Desert & Sunspots, but most of all, Double Vegetation as the encore.

Er, only bummer for me was the journey there and back, should've realised driving through London on a Saturday night was gonna be a 'mare so never again. Get a feckin' train next time ya numpty !
valis23
valis23
111 posts

Sep 20, 2010, 11:13
This is a great bunch of photos! I'll bypass any commentary re: hats and just say what a fantastic gig. My third time seeing Julian, first time seeing him solo. We were about two feet beneath his Mellotron, a righteous spot to be. My girlfriend isn't a huge music-head, and only knows of Julian from his days on the hit-parade, but she was knocked out by the songs. "He's got such Presence!" is how she puts it two days later. In photo 101, Julian's beaming at her, but her look back at him says everything!
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Sep 20, 2010, 11:40
valis23 wrote:
This is a great bunch of photos! I'll bypass any commentary re: hats and just say what a fantastic gig. My third time seeing Julian, first time seeing him solo. We were about two feet beneath his Mellotron, a righteous spot to be. My girlfriend isn't a huge music-head, and only knows of Julian from his days on the hit-parade, but she was knocked out by the songs. "He's got such Presence!" is how she puts it two days later. In photo 101, Julian's beaming at her, but her look back at him says everything!

Talking of hats....Sir yours is just my style !
I have one like that too.

:o)

ps excuse me for being rude,but was that you and your lady BS ?
If it was Hullo again.
If not,please disregard this part of the post !!
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Sep 20, 2010, 12:30
Bah.

I didn't spot Tony T, Bubblehead, Landells, Ron, Moon Mog, AQK, Hunter T wolf and PV in those shots.

:o(
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Sep 20, 2010, 13:38
amazon wrote:
Bah.

I didn't spot Tony T, Bubblehead, Landells, Ron, Moon Mog, AQK, Hunter T wolf and PV in those shots.

:o(

and you don't even care about whether I was in 'em. tsk. 8-P
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Sep 20, 2010, 13:47
keith a wrote:
I haven't got a hat. Or should I say I haven't got a fucking hat.

OK OK.. I only mentioned it after this indignant tangent of swearing hats popped into existence because of your this:

http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/imagedump/Juliancope.jpg

unless you have a poor memory or have smoked too many jazz cigarettes, or are on statins then there is no need to go on about fucking hats. You even got Vbjo bloody excited.
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Sep 20, 2010, 13:50
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
keith a wrote:
I haven't got a hat. Or should I say I haven't got a fucking hat.

OK OK.. I only mentioned it after this indignant tangent of swearing hats popped into existence because of your this:

http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/imagedump/Juliancope.jpg

unless you have a poor memory or have smoked too many jazz cigarettes, or are on statins then there is no need to go on about fucking hats. You even got Vbjo bloody excited.

Oi !
That's my fucking hat !

:oO
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Sep 20, 2010, 13:52
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
Why does he wear that ridiculous hat?

I think that might be the singularly most concise and bang-ion thing anyone's said on the matter.
keith a
9574 posts

Sep 20, 2010, 13:54
I didn't post that photo as 2 fingers up to you. You mentioned the Horse of the Year show. Harvey Smith is famous for sticking 2 fingers up. I was aware of a photo of Julian doing such-like. And so I made a little joke about it. So you don't get my sense of humour. Maybe it wasn't that funny in the first place, but I thought it was. Then again I've been told loads of times that I've got a weird sense of humour. Nothing I can do about any of that. But there was nothing malicious about it whatsoever and I'm struggling to understand why you'd think there was. Is your favourite record Paranoid?
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index