226 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1706 posts

Re: C R O Y D O N
Aug 02, 2010, 13:14
Cheers, KC- booked!

So that's 12 tickets left on We Got Tickets now- although there are probably tix available at other agencies, I imagine.

Incidentally, I was up in Croydon on Saturday watching The Damned in Lloyd Park, along with most of the local populace, it being a sunny afternoon and a free event. One charming lady behind me kept bellowing for "Eloise!" repeatedly after every number, in the dulcet tones of the local accent, and with a resilient determination that left one in no doubt that if The Damned didn't play their number two hit she would personally climb on stage and nut every one of them into submission. Captain Sensible's onstage reminders of his local connections cut no ice with her, either: "fack Croydon! Play Eloise!!!" she quipped loudly as the Captain yet again recalled his toilet-cleaning glory days.

They did eventually play 'Eloise' at the end of a fine greatest hits set that also included welcome outings for 'Alone Again Or' and 'Jet Boy Jet Girl.' Then Martha and the Vandellas came on and did some bad karaoke to a backing tape of their hits, and leaving hurriedly after The Lightning Seeds' first three songs I was struck by Ian Broudie's uncanny resemblance to Freddie Garrity, and indeed their respective bands' similar penchant for teeth-grating, chirpy lightweight pop ditties.

Ah, Croydon. City of a thousand dreams. See you there!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index