Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?
Jul 01, 2007, 09:22
Probably a tie between Ornette - Science Fiction and Don Cherry - Where Is Brooklyn. My first two Free Jazz purchases. Made Cream sound like the Archies. Mind duly blown wide open.
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
597 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 12:15
Hi Carlos,

Anything by Gong, I think. I went through a phase; luckily, I came out the other side.

Peace

Pilgrim

X
fauny fergus
fauny fergus
310 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 12:30
Pilgrim wrote:

Anything by Gong, I think. I went through a phase; luckily, I came out the other side.

The other side of the sky? I went through a Gong phase about 20 years ago... and i just had 24 hours of Camembert, RG1, Angels, You, Fish Rising, Motivation Radio, L, Green, Live Floating Anarchy 1977, Live Floating Anarchy 1991, N'existe Pas, E²X10=Tenure, Money Doesn't Make It, Acid Motherhood and am still smiling sillily 8-)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 13:55
Currently Chrome Hoof's splendidly barking ""Beyond Zade" ep and a super dooper £1 bargain by a band called Farmakon called "A Warm Glimpse" which is ostensibly fairly nutsoid death metal that suddenly lunges in to funk workouts and jazzy lounge core and moments of mad gibbering. It's great!
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 14:08
Team Brick!
sencha
sencha
91 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 19:25
Carlos wrote:
This is a dificult one, isn't it? But I'm sure a list of weird music posted here as examples can be a good thing for all the weird sound lovers in this forum...

I'd say... Caetano Veloso's "Araçá Azul".

So how does one pronounce Caetano Veloso? It's only recently that I stopped calling Joao Gilberto 'Wow! gill/Bear/toe' Now , I bet a tribute to 'Wow! gill/Bear/toe' by someone with an old tape recorder which fluctuated in pitch, long toenails with special socks , and an aptitude for breathing in imaginary water (perhaps similar to jean cocteau's potomak) might be rather weird.
Five
Five
960 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 22:35
sencha wrote:
I bet a tribute to 'Wow! gill/Bear/toe' by someone with an old tape recorder which fluctuated in pitch, long toenails with special socks , and an aptitude for breathing in imaginary water (perhaps similar to jean cocteau's potomak) might be rather weird.

...You know that guy, too?
murgatroy
murgatroy
38 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 22:57
I don't even know the name of the weirdest record i've enjoyed.

Sadly, John Peel is probably the only person who could have put me out of my misery.Googling the lyrics has proved to be a fruitless exercise.

For what it's worth, the lyrics are thus:

I go the physio
he plays with my knee
Peter, Peter, let me out!

Peter!....Coo - eeeeee.
keith a
9574 posts

Jul 02, 2007, 01:02
IanB wrote:
Made Cream sound like the Archies.

Cream could never sound that good.
keith a
9574 posts

Jul 02, 2007, 01:06
Dunno what mine is to be honest, but this brought back memories of a great article I read in Sounds or the NME way back in '74 or '75 about the maddest records.

Can't remember what was in it other than Ty Rex Romany Soup, which with its endless 'Romany Soup, I got to get some ooh Romany Soup' lyrics was pretty daft I guess.
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index