BabyBird

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
micmacmoc
micmacmoc
288 posts

Re: BabyBird
Sep 06, 2006, 14:15
Well....a copy of bugged from ebay arrived this morning, played it straight away, cue mrs.moc 'I like this more than ugly beautiful already'......so thanks to all!!!!!
cracking!
Nanook of the North
Nanook of the North
2 posts

Sep 06, 2006, 14:35
You Ugly beautiful.. love it - Tindersticks if you ain't heard 'em Moc then go for it - you won't be disappointed
micmacmoc
micmacmoc
288 posts

Sep 07, 2006, 12:17
thanks nanook! thanks also for the cardiacs cd, well'ard! had it shaking the neighbourhood last night until mrsmoc made me go to bed.
'wireless'....bloody excellent stuff. Ta!
colinzeal
2 posts

Mar 20, 2019, 15:46
Bugged does have its moments. One Dead Groove is immense
colinzeal
2 posts

Edited Mar 20, 2019, 15:51
Mar 20, 2019, 15:51
Funny that i should see a post about Babybird on my first visit here in a while. Been listening to this new album for the last few days, and its one hell of a return to form. It's a long album but once you start listening, its difficult to stop or skip a track, a real journey. Been getting some very good reviews too by the looks of it...

"Babybird - 'Happy Stupid Nothing'
An essential 18 track collection.

"As a listener of these wonderful tunes, you are mesmerised and sucked into the world of Babybird..."
10/10 - God Is In The TV Zine.

"As hungry, unique and intelligent as anything Babybird has done previously. Releasing a masterpiece 25 years in is such a Stephen Jones move..."
5/5 - The Grey Lantern

"This really is an excellent distillation of the genius of Stephen Jones" - Trust The Wizards Podcast

"Recommend this record highly. Fans of his old hits and his more recent material should find lots to love on this epic offering." A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed"

https://psychomafia.bandcamp.com/album/happy-stupid-nothing-2

They're right, its excellent
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Edited Mar 22, 2019, 00:31
Mar 22, 2019, 00:31
See what happens when you get distracted and look away for ten years or so?
Suddenly there's hundreds of releases...

I HATED 'You're Gorgeous' and avoided him/them like the plague for a long time... until I happened to catch this performance of Fireflies, and then started checking out his/their other bits and pieces. Bugged is indeed well worthwhile. Then it all seemed to go a bit quiet. Looks like I now have some other stuff to investigate. Ta for the heads-up!
spencer
spencer
3073 posts

Mar 22, 2019, 10:25
Fireflies: nice! Ta : )
Anchor
31 posts

Mar 25, 2019, 13:40
Ha Ha Ha - I've been dipping my toe into his bandcamp page for the past ten years - my god - it is prolific.

I was there at the beginning and have seen him on numerous occasions up and down the country.

More recently I saw him in a church in Camden - it was fucking ace.

His alter egos are very very varied as well.
Anchor
31 posts

Mar 25, 2019, 13:41
He's on tour with dodgy soon IIRC

I still enjoy seeing but fuck me - stop playing your gorgeous.
Anchor
31 posts

Mar 25, 2019, 13:42
This is great album of his newwer stuff.

https://xbabybird.bandcamp.com/album/the-wrong-words

Selfish song and I want the end stand out for me.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index