Tokyo Kid Brothers/JA Seazer/Tenjo Sajik

14 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Re: Tokyo Kid Bothers (sic)
Dec 07, 2005, 01:38
I found most of Death in the Country [Den'en Ni Shishu] to be pleasant enough but pretty dull, non-rockin', conventional in a Japanese quasi-folky way, and very different to the heavy freak-out stuff and underground rock I'd come to expect from these guys. Only one or two tracks really start to rock or do anything out of the ordinary. After TKB's 'Let's Go Into the Streets' and J.A. Caesar's 'Kokkyou Junreika' and 'Sealbreaking' I was sorely disappointed after this one showed up in the mail, and disappointed I'd put so much effort and stress into securing a copy. So, to me it sounds like you're talking about a different album when praising this one in the same breath as the others.
On the other hand, the more recent soundtrack 'Pilgrimage of Blood' is also totally different to the earlier stuff that I love, but I really love this one too. It's more atmospheric and hardly rocky at all. Reminds me more of Goblin's atmospheric moments, but without sounding like Goblin. It's a varied soundtrack and hard to describe.

Unsung Forum Index