Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Tokyo Kid Box: The Horror...
Nov 17, 2005, 02:19
krautymckraut,

Hey, no problem -- I know the feeling

The descrpition of that box intrigued me so much, I ordered it

When it arrived, I took a look at the covers first and...uh oh: one of them looked like a Chic album, one of them looked like a Sadistic Mike Band album where they went troppo; another sleeve depicted them hanging out in an "English-styled pub" ...

I only sensed immediate trouble when I played the 1971 album with a stark black and white representation of the Statue of Liberty, a Coca-Cola bottle, etc and even THAT one was unengaging as fuck

But what made me pack it up at once and re-post it back to where it came from was this picture of T.K. Bros. -- everyone dressed nicely in typical clothing, with one of the guys front and centre decked out like a German officer

The album's name was "Cherry Wars"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And if that wasn't bad enough, the whole thing stank of Peter Allen

I don't like to run any records down, but this one was so appalling, it amazed me that they had jumped the sharkl as soon as they did

The live 1982 show that was disc one made me wonder if it was mipressed with the soundtrack of the Japanese road show for 'Cats'

(...the horror....the horror...)

I'm still not clear what the TRUE connections between Tokyo Kid Brothers, Tenjo Sajiki, A Laboratory of Play and J.A.Seazer are (But for the moment, I can wait so don't tell me if you know)

With that said, the Tenjo Sajiki verison of "Throw Away The Books, Let's Go Out In The Streets" has extremely raw versions of SOME of the tracks on the Tokyo Kid Brothers version of the album

Unsung Forum Index