Unsung Forum »
Your least favourite acts, ever

Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: Your least favourite acts, ever
Aug 01, 2005, 09:27
Nice one. Shame The Stranglers have lost it so badly in recent years.
Wiggy
1696 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 09:28
Best thing they did was join The Troggs.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 09:55
The worst thing about that song is the fact that I BOUGHT IT! I was about tewlve at the time though...

x
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 10:26
Yeah I don't like Embrace. Or is it Elbow? Or Athlete? I forget.

x
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: What is Goth, REALLY?
Aug 01, 2005, 14:24
Frankly the large percentage of the whole "Goth" music was just boring. Yes, it got to the point where even Joy Division were lumped in that silly genre. I'm not sure if the Danse Society were Goth either (they claimed they didn't start it) but at least they were actually excellent musicians compared to the no-talents within the same scene. Christian Death were more punks than Goths when they started out...

There seemed to be two kinds of Goth -- cheesy "eyeballs-in-the-punchbowl" Goth, or "I'm gonna steal from the last long-haired book I read this week" Goth...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 14:28
It's just Dire Straits trying to cash in on the rockabilly revival (i.e. the Stray Cats...)
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 14:36
So Duster Bennett, Martin Simpson, John Martyn? are they any good in your view? Or do you have to be black and poor to be any good?

My point is that it's the music that is important, not the background of the performer. If you are a purist, then thats fine, but I believe all music is progressive (not in the prog rock sense) and evolution is preferable to stagnation. Even the blues is heavily derivative from the source materials of the early players!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 14:37
I have said this before, but as good as REM could occasionally be they ruined College Radio. Way too many fucking student were in awe of this supposedly mysterious band that by 1984 you had just about millions of bands sounding exactly like them. Tenth-rate geeky power-pop with mumbly vocals... It was all you'd hear on college radio for years when you really just wanted to hear Pere Ubu, Joy Division, Velvet Underground or whatever cool stuff they used to play...
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

Re: Punktuation
Aug 01, 2005, 14:47
Heh heh, I really like The La's's album :D

Do I get a kick?
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Punktuation
Aug 01, 2005, 14:55
Lol! Only for bad taste ;^) - nice one!

Good job there's only one band called the La's!!!!!

love

Moth
Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index