Unsung Forum »
POLL IS NOW CLOSED - first results!

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: POLL IS NOW CLOSED - first results!
Jan 08, 2004, 00:27
Not necessarily. There'ssome people here that are into Copes stone circle stuff more than his music.

Not me I hasten to add - I likes his tunes
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Cale
Jan 08, 2004, 11:39
hmmmm, sorry, but I cant agree with that method of scoring. he gets points for horses??!! i didnt even know (off the top of me head) he had owt to do with it!

still, wtf, its only a birra fun innit?
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: Cale/Horses
Jan 08, 2004, 14:57
Cale produced the album
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Cale/Horses
Jan 08, 2004, 14:59
that was kinda my guess
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Cale/Horses/Stooges
Jan 08, 2004, 16:51
Not only did Cale produce "Horses", he played some bass on it (so says allmusic.com.) I tried to only give credit for a record if the person had actual musical input, i.e. played instruments or cowrote songs.

Similarly I gave Cale credit for the first Stooges record not just because he produced it, but because he played viola & piano on it.

As for the Nico records he produced, he plays all sorts of instruments on those.

A questionable approach, I know, but I tried to be consistent with it. What it really reflects is how many albums that got votes that these guys were on.

I also tried making another "group members and side musicians" list, but got too tangled up in that one (top 3 before I gave up were Klaus Dinger, Michael Rother, and Rick Wakeman -- Phil Manzanera and Thighpaulsandra were also high up the list.)

The problem there was it seemed like too much stretching, and I wasn't sure I would be able to do it consistently (like did you know Rick Wakeman played on T. Rex "Electric Warrior"?!? But I find it hard to justify giving him credit for that album, which doesn't reflect his input really. He probably showed up for an afternoon, played what the producer told him to, collected a check.) So . . . I gave up on that one!
keith a
9576 posts

Re: Cale/Horses/Stooges
Jan 08, 2004, 17:18
but Rick's piano playing on Get It On (aka Bang A Gong for you Americans!!) is excellent whether he just turned up, played and buggered off or not...

not sure he actually played on any other tracks though it would apear to be genuine that he did play on the aformentioned track - i once heard Bolan on the radio slagging off Wakemans 'on ice' project and followed it by saying RW was a nice guy who'd played on GIO.

on the other hand Bolan was such a fibber, ; )
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Eno?
Jan 08, 2004, 17:46
So by that measure, was Eno given credit in the poll for Bowie's "Low" and Talking Heads' "Remain In Light" et al?

Just wondering...

Well done Dog 3000, by the way. I found the list interesting (glad to say i have a considerable number of the albums that appeared on it).
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Eno?
Jan 08, 2004, 18:38
Errrrm, you may have a point there. May need to revise a bit (don't be surprised if Eno goes up a notch or too.)

This is why I gave up on the "members" list, too much research involved!
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Jan 08, 2004, 19:17
Hahahaha!

Yup. I totally agree.

(Shurrup Moon Cat. :-P)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jan 08, 2004, 19:58
"cor this is good. What is it? Hawkw" sniiiiip.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index