Unsung Forum »
Blender Mag 50 Worst Bands

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Zos
389 posts

Re: Blender Mag 50 Worst Bands
Aug 25, 2003, 21:37
Ah well, I'm sure Japan's inclusion will please Merrick...
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Ghosts
Aug 26, 2003, 10:17
I bought a copy of that for my sister's birthday at the same time I bought my first single.

Personally, I like 'Adolescent Sex'. (Decides to avoid the iffy joke herein.)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Our own alternate 50 worst
Aug 26, 2003, 12:23
Ooh, you've given me an idea there! Watch this space.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Rick Wakeman
Aug 26, 2003, 12:26
Aw Zos, don't be too hard on ol'Rick. Sure, he's made some pretty boring records under his own name (I'd argue that he's remade a decent first album - 'Six Wives' - at least thirty times), but some of his contributions to Yes are little short of awesome (the church organ sequence on 'Close To The Edge' for example - one of the most viscerally thrilling moments in all rock to these ears) and he's the unsung hero of 'Hunky Dory' (imagine 'Life On Mars' or 'Quicksand' without his wonderfully ornate piano). Fergawdsakes, there are plenty more deserving candidates for that list than Wakeman.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Ghosts
Aug 26, 2003, 12:31
I haven't heard much of Japan's early stuff... I did hear the song "Obscure Alternatives" which was cool, especially the vocal.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Rick Wakeman
Aug 26, 2003, 12:35
He was quite funny in Dictionary Corner on "Countdown", too.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Ghosts
Aug 26, 2003, 12:39
You should check out their version of Streisand's "Don't Rain On My Parade". Glamtastic.
Rev Matt
26 posts

Aug 27, 2003, 16:18
I was also disappointed to see The Doors and Iron Butterfly mentioned. Also, I wouldn't have included Kansas. They weren't a great band but there were others of their era and genre who were far worse. They always scored points in my book for relying more on Hammond organs than synthesizers.

I would have included all of the post-Gabriel Genesis plus Phil Collins' solo career. How can you include Mike and The Mechanics but exclude the Phil Collins crap that was the soundtrack to the eighties?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 27, 2003, 16:21
Well Kansas actually weren't as bad as Boston...
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 27, 2003, 16:36
Who were better than Chicago?
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index