Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 19, 2020, 21:47
Re: Covid XP
Apr 19, 2020, 21:21
“..where all we have is the same thing..”
Kinda..

And yet this has been listed as the greatest threat for years! “It will happen”
Where’s the preparation then!” If your fire is going to go out you go get wood.

I’ve got the image of UEA campus in my mind with your description of tiered buildings..
I’m also reminded of some of the stories told by my parents of when they were ill as children. Paltises etc..laudanum..however in some ways they maybe knew more then than they do now. Many simple cures I’m sure got pushed aside because of the age old desire for profit.
I asked my mother whether she ever remembered her parents talking about the Spanish flu. “No..never” Her father was posted in India during WW1. We know for a fact through photos of memorials he took there people were dying of influenza but it seems to be an event that’s only really been covered in more recent years. Some would question the extent of that pandemic. Numbers vary wildly. It’s been put forward that it’s been vastly exaggerated to serve as a ‘warning’ about what might happened..therefore draconian measures.
I’ve been taking local walks mainly but the other day I took a ten minute drive and an hour walk and boy did it feel good out into open space and big sky.

Half the people I see out and about are 60 plus. Good for them.

U-Know! Forum Index