And today children, we’re going to look through the round window

18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Nov 25, 2018, 16:13
Re: And today children, we’re going to look through the round window
Nov 25, 2018, 12:22
Check out ‘Smallpox the Leicester method’ or ‘The smallpox vaccine was no silver bullet’

We don’t hear about that do we?

I’ll know what you’ll say...(we could go on like this for years you and I!)

I’m not talking about you here Nigel, and if I am, I’m talking about me too, but there’s something operating here and it’s called ego or self image...this is the true curse of humanity.
Nobody wants to be wrong..feel a fool, or that they’ve had the wool pulled over their eyes.Self image has been rated higher than truth. (Money is in there too.obviously.) Really finding out something..TOGETHER! Not dogmatically sticking to one camp or another...which we’re doing..haha. This is why from being a child I’ve never understood political ‘parties’ Why don’t people just all work together? Divide and Rule.

If humanity can’t solve that issue, we are truly lost.

Point taken, perhaps I should have said ‘media science’. The same could be said of this..”arrogant beyond measure”

I’m ‘out to lunch’

Hehe...

Where are the Carl Sagan’s, Arthur C Clarke’s, the James Burke’s, the Heinz Woolf’s on tv these days?..no we get the same faces doing all the programmes all the time. Ever noticed how few presenters there are doing all these science programmes? In fact generally..the same old faces turning up time and time again. The ‘chosen ones’. Could’ve spent more time on that but you get my drift..At least these people had an imagination of their own and seemed more willing to explore crazy/alternative ideas in science etc. There’s none of that today on telly..it’s like there’s nothing left for ‘you’ to work out..we’ve done it all. I used to take some interest in Brian Cox documentaries, but other more exciting ideas got the better of me..stuff that really did make me ‘wonder’
I recall an episode of Star Gazing Live...someone texted in a question..’did we really go to the moon?’ his responsive (maybe quite rightly in your opinion?) was “turn over to itv now..we don’t want you!” Wouldn’t “yes” have sufficed? Not a very scientific answer Brian! Why was he so upset by this?
The look on Dara O’ Briens face was classic..even he was horrified. Dogma..wouldn’t even discuss.
I’ve said enough..I’m not giving you any more ammo! Haha!

Ps..we’re doing pretty well here mate, we’ve not reduced ourselves to name calling...maybe there’s hope...maybe there’s been a few near misses though!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index