Trump. Vaguely cheering news.

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Trump. Vaguely cheering news.
Jul 21, 2018, 08:51
nigelswift wrote:
Well obviously the fact people are saying the problem is other than guns IS the problem so I don't know how you wish me to expand on that.

Actually, I can expand. Already the death of the 2 year old yesterday is being blamed on the grandfather. But the child's bad luck was to be born in America, had it been Canadian or British the stupid bastard wouldn't have had a hand gun to be careless with. That's the sharp end of supporting gun rights.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 22, 2018, 08:32
Hi PD
Just a quick question.

In the UK we have to keep our ammo in a separate locked and secure case away from the gun case - is this the same in the States?

Enjoy your well-balanced and thought out posts by the way on various threads.
phallus dei
583 posts

Jul 24, 2018, 10:27
Sanctuary wrote:
Hi PD
Just a quick question.

In the UK we have to keep our ammo in a separate locked and secure case away from the gun case - is this the same in the States?

Enjoy your well-balanced and thought out posts by the way on various threads.

Hi Sanctuary, thanks for the comments. I've enjoyed reading your posts as well. It's good to get a variety of opinions here at HH.

To my knowledge, one does not need to store ammo separately in the US. This is just what I assume, though. I don't have any guns myself, and do not know the specific legality of the issue. But just from reading a bit online, I don't recall anyone being fined for having a loaded gun, as long as they had a permit for it.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jul 24, 2018, 10:39
"But I am aware of the broader culture and history of the country in which I live. That culture and history may be fundamentally screwed, but it's what we've got to work with."

Its a very good point that I think many of us from outside of the US can sometimes miss. I was astonished to read some posts from friends of a close US friend of mine on FB, they genuinely wanted to maintain arms in case the state came for them? I mean I'm no lover of the ruling classes in this country but (for the time being at least) I don't fear them to the point where I'd like to be armed?
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index