Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Manchester
May 26, 2017, 19:47
thesweetcheat wrote:
No more questions, it's not like you actually answer them anyway.

I'm very relieved though that Brexit is so all-consumingly important that foreign policy, national security and terrorism are on hold for the next couple of years and we don't need to worry about any of this until then.

You really are a time consuming bloke.

Since when is deciding who will be leading us out of Europe take two years. It will be business as usual the day after the election has taken place as well as dealing with Europe. Do keep up!
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Edited May 27, 2017, 00:04
May 26, 2017, 23:54
I think this election is about Brexit too. But also NHS, affordable housing, the environment, workers' rights, pensions, transport, education, university fees, libraries, tax avoidance, social justice, human rights, foreign aid, etc etc etc etc.

Edit: Oh yeah, compassion. I think the Tories are completely deficient in compassion.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited May 27, 2017, 11:02
May 27, 2017, 10:54
dhajjieboy wrote:
Well done Head Heritage...
You have managed once again to turn into a right proper mob of gang-fuckers.

And once again, it's your fault for derailing the thread with your stupid strawman arguments and unsubstantiated allegations.

I can't understand why anyone on here even bothers to try and debate anything with you - you're just a common troll.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

May 27, 2017, 13:43
Oh dear !
I'll be smarting for days after such a riposte !
Your 'contribution' to this thread was nothing but your usual circle jerk boot the guy in the middle of the wolf pack "drongo"....
Ooooh ! "drongo"....i won't be able to stop using that bit of lexicon for at least 2 minutes !
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

May 27, 2017, 17:33
The theory that it's a good idea to engage with those you don't agree with wears thin.
Ethericat
42 posts

May 28, 2017, 10:47
thesweetcheat wrote:
Here's what Jeremy Corbyn said today, responding directly to the attack in Manchester:

"No rationale based on the actions of any government can remotely excuse, or even adequately explain, outrages like this week’s massacre,"

“But we must be brave enough to admit the war on terror is simply not working. We need a smarter way to reduce the threat from countries that nurture terrorists and generate terrorism.”

He went on to say that a Labour government would ensure that “our foreign policy reduces rather than increases the threat to this country”.

He said seeing the army on “our own streets today is a stark reminder that the current approach has failed”.

I agree with his stance, and it seems that many people in this country do as well. I'm sorry sanshee, but all we've had from dhajjie is outrage and name calling, but no constructive suggestions or contributions. I think the victims of Manchester deserve the issues raised to be treated seriously.

He's entirely correct. A lone voice of reason. The rank hypocrisy of the right wing press is sickening in their attempts to vilify him, and how they are attempting to milk this tragedy for political gain utterly sickens me.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

May 28, 2017, 11:55
Completely agree. It's carried on today with Fallon outright lying about what Corbyn actually said, the same as May did earlier in the week.

People should watch or read the speech, not just react to the Mail/May/Fallon commentary on it.

It's also depressing how much time the Tories are spending screeching about Corbyn rather than their own policies. In contrast he talks policy, answers questions straight and rarely mentions opposing politicians individually.
Ethericat
42 posts

Edited May 28, 2017, 12:24
May 28, 2017, 12:22
*It's ok for us to negotiate and take credit for an eventual successful outcome, but when you negotiated your were an appeaser, an apologist!* That's the bullshit mantra, and has no relevance to the problems we face today. A totally different context.

The Labour manifesto is not only a sound one, but properly costed too. The Tory one is not and is all proposition soundbite piss and wind. I've always been pretty much anti all parties, but having studied Corbyn et al much more closely in the last fortnight, I can happily get behind him. This is a first for me. Brexit is not an issue here either as far as I'm concerned as he's no fan of Brussels and is not acting up like Farron, but the wider prospects of the future of our country certainly are at stake, stakes that are too high to ignore.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index