Manchester

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Manchester
May 26, 2017, 10:22
thesweetcheat wrote:
I'm still waiting for the post(s) where we all apologised for the terrorist to be highlighted.

It doesn't exist, but please don't push for an answer, the lack of horrible, twisted look-at-me posting on the forum is a huge relief.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

May 26, 2017, 12:57
Well done Head Heritage...
You have managed once again to turn into a right proper mob of gang-fuckers.
But thats Ok, really it is.
As per usual, the worlds opinion on this tragedy is far more in line with my points of view than with most of the 'contributions' in this thread.
I can live with that.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

May 26, 2017, 13:10
Yep.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

May 26, 2017, 13:25
He went out to Lybia with his father to overthrow Gaddafi, so in a sense siding with the Brits.
But don't let the truth get in the way.
Rather unfortunate turn of phrase at the end of your statement.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

May 26, 2017, 13:37
Nope.
It's yours and the likes of Howburn Diggers world i'd be fetched against.
Careful who you surround yourself with old boy.
Thus far it's a bunch of get a 'boot' in lackies....
Do you thus far feel empowered ?
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited May 26, 2017, 13:59
May 26, 2017, 13:54
Locodogz began by posting something real and raw, unfortunately this thread descended quickly.
Subjects worth discussing of course, maybe somewhere else though.
I added my own,felt kind of shocked, head sore banging off wall though, not worth it. but after this I'll leave it.
We went into town on Thu, got there just after eleven.
A little shop we went into were turning their music on, and the lady at the counter removing the 'minute silence' sign from the wall.
Pub had did the same, so everywhere I take it.
We're up in Scotland. Sad don't begin to describe it.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

May 26, 2017, 16:10
Well, it seems that the little minority on here as you call us is not alone in voicing these same concerns:

"Polls have consistently shown that most voters oppose western adventurism and believe it has endangered the UK."

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/june2017/2017/05/jeremy-corbyns-speech-terrorism-will-do-him-more-good-harm
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

May 26, 2017, 16:21
Here's what Jeremy Corbyn said today, responding directly to the attack in Manchester:

"No rationale based on the actions of any government can remotely excuse, or even adequately explain, outrages like this week’s massacre,"

“But we must be brave enough to admit the war on terror is simply not working. We need a smarter way to reduce the threat from countries that nurture terrorists and generate terrorism.”

He went on to say that a Labour government would ensure that “our foreign policy reduces rather than increases the threat to this country”.

He said seeing the army on “our own streets today is a stark reminder that the current approach has failed”.

I agree with his stance, and it seems that many people in this country do as well. I'm sorry sanshee, but all we've had from dhajjie is outrage and name calling, but no constructive suggestions or contributions. I think the victims of Manchester deserve the issues raised to be treated seriously.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

May 26, 2017, 16:22
thesweetcheat wrote:
Well, it seems that the little minority on here as you call us is not alone in voicing these same concerns:

"Polls have consistently shown that most voters oppose western adventurism and believe it has endangered the UK."

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/june2017/2017/05/jeremy-corbyns-speech-terrorism-will-do-him-more-good-harm

Being selective again I see.

If he gained an advantage when TM supposedly made a U turn, then he certainly cocked up today big time.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4544384/amp/Corbyn-faces-backlash-bid-exploit-Manchester-bomb.html

He's dead and buried, don't waste your vote.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

May 26, 2017, 16:30
thesweetcheat wrote:
Here's what Jeremy Corbyn said today, responding directly to the attack in Manchester:

"No rationale based on the actions of any government can remotely excuse, or even adequately explain, outrages like this week’s massacre,"

“But we must be brave enough to admit the war on terror is simply not working. We need a smarter way to reduce the threat from countries that nurture terrorists and generate terrorism.”

He went on to say that a Labour government would ensure that “our foreign policy reduces rather than increases the threat to this country”.

He said seeing the army on “our own streets today is a stark reminder that the current approach has failed”.

I agree with his stance, and it seems that many people in this country do as well. I'm sorry sanshee, but all we've had from dhajjie is outrage and name calling, but no constructive suggestions or contributions. I think the victims of Manchester deserve the issues raised to be treated seriously.

Sigh!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index