https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6JLvIxdbjQ

Om Tat Sat! It's really that simple :)
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Another Election
May 03, 2017, 12:59
Littlestone wrote:

If you haven't watched the interview with Abbott on today’s Politics Show here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39775693 you should.

I watched the interview which made Diane Abbott listen to her poor performance. Which seemed perverse in itself. My reaction was that it was completely over the top. She's only human - remind me never to become a politician. The female presenter was so unpleasant. It is this side of things in politics that really turns me off - much like the behaviour in the House of Commons and Theresa May's haughty and condescending expressions every time Jeremy Corbyn speaks.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Buddha’s birthday
May 03, 2017, 13:53
Ethericat wrote:
Om Mani Padme Hum.

I love this saying of the great Tibetan yogi saint Milrepa:

Aye. If you don’t have a copy check out the The Hundred Thousand Songs of Milarepa. Also, Tibet’s Great Yogi Milarepa (edited by Evans-Wentz). First read them nearly fifty years ago. Jeez... don’t think I could manage it now. Drifting more-and-more towards a Jittoku-like lifestyle. :-)
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

May 03, 2017, 14:02
Littlestone wrote:
Ethericat wrote:
Om Mani Padme Hum.

I love this saying of the great Tibetan yogi saint Milrepa:

Aye. If you don’t have a copy check out the The Hundred Thousand Songs of Milarepa. Also, Tibet’s Great Yogi Milarepa (edited by Evans-Wentz). First read them nearly fifty years ago. Jeez... don’t think I could manage it now. Drifting more-and-more towards a Jittoku-like lifestyle. :-)

Never mind about all that - does he have candles on his cake :-)
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

May 03, 2017, 14:23
No, but in Japan if you visit a Buddhist temple on his birthday you get free cups of amacha.

"Amacha means sweet tea. This tea contains tannin and phyllodulcin, a sweetener 400–800 times sweeter than table sugar (sucrose) or 2 times sweeter than saccharin. It does not contain caffeine. The beverage is credited with antiallergic properties. It is also used in the prevention of periodontitis." (Wiki).

:-)
Jeez
98 posts

May 03, 2017, 16:37
I noticed the feeding frenzy on the BBC etc yesterday. It hasn't put me off her - Diane Abbott with brain freeze is preferable to May with all her manipulative faculties in full flow.
I just watched her election speech as produced by The Ministry Of Public Enlightenment. What a load of lies and obfuscation.
Does she think we're going to believe all that bullshit?
No wonder people are turned off politics.
How is she helping working people to lead successful lives? What has she done since she got power to help people in poverty, needing healthcare or education?
I'm seething with rage after watching that speech.
Obvious attempted brainwashing.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited May 03, 2017, 17:57
May 03, 2017, 17:19
Ethericat wrote:
A lot of her sentences these days fall along the deranged lines of 'all brexit voters are horrible racists and nazis', and when challenged, she visibly deflates into a corner of sulk with no adequate intelligent response.

I can't say I've ever heard her say those things but then I don't scrutinize her that closely. She was loyal to Jeremy Corbyn when much of the Shadow Cabinet turned on him - Corbyn feels clearly loyal in return. I can't imagine that he would validate the use of such emotive language - I certainly don't think along those lines either. Sadly I suspect a lot of Brexit voters would have voted the other way if the current turmoil could have been foreseen. A large percentage of them were just ordinary people who believed what they were fed at the time. No doubt a smaller percentage may well harbour dislike of foreigners where ever they're from.

Edit: It is also worth remembering that Dianne Abbott has almost certainly been subject of racism during her long career as a black MP.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

May 03, 2017, 17:38
Exactly what I thought, but of course the intention is to bury the message by deriding the presentation.

The media is geared to criticise these superficial aspects when the left talks policy (Ed Miliband and his bacon sandwich) to avoid having to report fairly on the policy. Good grief, even Osborne has come out and critised May for a lack of substance on policy in favour of the empty sloganeering of "Strong and stable".
Ethericat
42 posts

May 03, 2017, 18:08
tjj wrote:
Ethericat wrote:
A lot of her sentences these days fall along the deranged lines of 'all brexit voters are horrible racists and nazis', and when challenged, she visibly deflates into a corner of sulk with no adequate intelligent response.

I can't say I've ever heard her say those things but then I don't scrutinize her that closely. She was loyal to Jeremy Corbyn when much of the Shadow Cabinet turned on him - Corbyn feels clearly loyal in return. I can't imagine that he would validate the use of such emotive language - I certainly don't think along those lines either. Sadly I suspect a lot of Brexit voters would have voted the other way if the current turmoil could have been foreseen. A large percentage of them were just ordinary people who believed what they were fed at the time. No doubt a small percentage may well harbour dislike of foreigners where ever they're from.

I was being slightly sarcastic but accurate re. her usual Question Time etc rhetoric, and as for 'fed at the time' ? Does that also apply to The Fear bull re leaving ? Some friends/relatives of mine were pro Remain but are now having doubts at the latest posturing outrageous threats from Juncker, others not. As for turmoil, it's called change. We ride it. History, and no doubt a small percentage of remain voters harbour an irrational prejudiced dislike of those that disagree with them?
Ethericat
42 posts

May 03, 2017, 18:16
Not forgetting the classic Tsangnyon Heruka 'Life Of Milarepa'.
Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index