Drugs in Portugal

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Jul 09, 2009, 16:48
Re: Drugs in Portugal
Jul 07, 2009, 23:02
That's true, as is your point about home-grown cannabis. Always thought cocaine was a rotten drug anyway - anyone I know who's taken it regularly for a prolonged period of time seems to have become increasingly arrogant and egocentric as a result. Never cared for it myself - so I'm in an advantageous position to moralise, admittedly - but it's definitely caused more misery than it's worth , especially in the countries whose economies are dependant on it.

To get back to the issue of homegrown weed - I dabbled that for a while in the late 90s, but gave up once I realised that the wattage used - and our bill - had increased almost twofold. This was just the result of setting up one mercury lamp in a space at the top of my wardrobe, so God knows how much power an entire greenhouse would consume.

The inevitable increase in carbon emissions was the main reason I stopped, along with other factors - dope plants encourage spider mites to breed (not a good thing if you're an arachnophobe like me) plus I thought our electricity supplier might notice the increase in our bill and tip off the police (sounds paranoid in theory, but I know one person who got caught this way).

One side effect of cannabis being illegal throughout most of the world is that it's much harder to find reliable data about the conditions in which it's produced and consumed than it would be for cigarettes and booze.

U-Know! Forum Index