17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Drugs in Portugal
Jul 31, 2018, 23:15
Merrick wrote:
There's a huge carbon footprint on cannabis, certainly. It's either come a long way or, more common these days, is grown in the UK using phenomenally power-hungry set-ups.

I have just returned from a sun-drenched Scottish Island which has enjoyed near constant 25-30 degree temperatures since early May. I was sitting gazing out across the blue, blue water at a lazy basking shark while it usefully, but lazily, scooped up plankton. As I drew my eyes along the shoreline my vision (I mean = "a vision") was drawn to a strange looking group of tall plants. A dozen of them. Like tall thin christmas trees with thick mossy stuff on their trunks. And no branches just a few jutty leaves, wider at the bottom and tapering to the top. Thrusting nobly forth from an overgrown area of grassy verge peppered with Gorse and Willow between the road and the rocky shoreline.

Quite the largest I have ever seen. Total guerrilla grow. Most were seven or eight feet tall. Six feet of flowery bud on'em... right to the top. Extraordinary. Stunning. Never seen anything like it. As I walked close the smell would have knocked you down.

I doubt if there was any carbon footprint or any power-hungry set-ups in their cultivation. Though I suppose I did use 20 miles of petrol (and re-use a fair number of Co-op "Bag for Life") getting a some bulky bundles of said shrubbery to a friendly island loft for drying and storage. I am sure you will be relieved that I did try to maximise the load on each journey to avoid wasting petrol.

We can elimanate most of those BIG carbon footprints and try to reduce, re-use and recycle while we apply ourselves to the challenges which meet us.

U-Know! Forum Index