17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Drugs in Portugal
Jul 08, 2009, 10:33
Popel Vooje wrote:
Always thought cocaine was a rotten drug anyway - anyone I know who's taken it regularly for a prolonged period of time seems to have become increasingly arrogant and egocentric as a result.

It's one of the great chicken and egg questions. Does coke turn you in to a shallow gabbling self-centred twat, or is it that people who aren't latent gabbling self-centred twats get bored of it?

Popel Vooje wrote:
it's definitely caused more misery than it's worth , especially in the countries whose economies are dependant on it.

there is a lot of truth there, but then it can also provide a massive dependable income to those who farm it too, more than other crops.

Popel Vooje wrote:
dope plants encourage spider mites to breed (not a good thing if you're an arachnophobe like me)

As I understand it, spider mites are a problem with indoor growth because the spiders that would eat them in the wild *aren't* around.

Popel Vooje wrote:
plus I thought our electricity supplier might notice the increase in our bill and tip off the police (sounds paranoid in theory, but I know one person who got caught been caught this way).

That definitely happens. Which is why many home growers bypass the meter - free leccy and no telltale signs to the suppliers.

Popel Vooje wrote:
One side effect of cannabis being illegal throughout most of the world is that it's much harder to find reliable data about the conditions in which it's produced and consumed than it would be for cigarettes and booze.

Yep. Who knows what fertilisers and pesticides are used. And as most agricultural chemicals aren't produced for crops that get smoked, they haven't been tested to see what happens when they are.

Imagine legalised drugs: fair trade cocaine, organic cannabis!

U-Know! Forum Index