U-Know! Forum »
police thugs

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Re: police thugs
Apr 08, 2009, 15:16
sorry mate but i can't follow that rant - it's very personally offensive and heavily based on assumption.

8)
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Apr 08, 2009, 15:21
Apr 08, 2009, 15:19
Hahaha, and your posts havent been ?? Fuck mate, seriously have you been listening to yourself ? You've made an awful lot of assumptions about people here yourself. Also, speaking as someone who has experience of the police being more than a little out of line I've found your posts to be at best horribly uninformed, and at worst deeply offensive too. So, I guess we're equal now then.
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 08, 2009, 15:22
"You've mad an awful lot of assumptions about people here yourself"

would you care to elaborate?

8)
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Apr 08, 2009, 15:30
Apr 08, 2009, 15:29
Why yes, because a Derridean style deconstruction of your passive agressive posting is definitely what this thread needs now. Then we can wank each other sore over which of us is the 'good reader' here. Wait.. no it doesnt.. and as fun as that may be.. nah.

Deal with the last paragraph of my post, explain how these current police tactics are anything but I described them to be.

Edit : Oh wait, no you can't, you don't have any first hand experience therefore your opinions are moot.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Apr 08, 2009, 15:33
Apr 08, 2009, 15:31
stra wrote:

Every right we have from universal suffrage onwards has not come from a letter writing campaign now has it ?

No, certainly hasn't. But I don't see the point in comparing things nowadays to times when a military coup could be acheived by whoever wielded the biggest pitchfork. Things have gotten much 'bigger' sinvce then, incase no one has noticed. A smahsed window meant a hell of alot more, once upon a time.
Back then the system wasn't reliant on 'us' at all. Nowadays it sure is, and that can be used to our advantage so sweetly.
x
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Apr 08, 2009, 15:33
dave clarkson wrote:
sorry mate but i can't follow that rant - it's very personally offensive and heavily based on assumption.

8)

Actually, stray's "rant" is one of the most coherent posts on this topic so far. Yeah, there's a few personal insults in there, and he could probably made the same points without them. But frankly, I think you've been trolling for those insults ever since you made that crass Zimbabwe comment... seriously, you've got an MA in Political Theory and you respond to accusations of police brutality with "Do you live in Zimbabwe?" If you drag the discourse down to that level, then don't be surprised when the responses you get are tinged with frustration.

The real problem with stray's response is that he's unfortunately given you an escape route. You can dismiss it as a "rant" because of the insults, despite knowing (if you did any studying at all for that MA) that the points he made are valid and reveal most of what you've posted on this thread as the trite nonsense it actually is.
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Edited Apr 08, 2009, 15:50
Apr 08, 2009, 15:47
....you're comments are equally based on assumptions too.

I don't need an escape route or to justify any qualification i have in order to explain myself. Just a rational atmosphere. If you visit manchester university library - you will find a thesis in the library. Also, if you and anyone else are forming opinions of my past experiences with police, then they are based on presumptions and ill research.

If I've insulted anyone individually (which i can't find where i have) then I apologise even though the last few postings here have insulted me. I'm not here to offend people directly.

8)
Pixxx
Pixxx
211 posts

Apr 08, 2009, 15:51
It's not university you need to study mate its real fucking life...
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 08, 2009, 15:53
...wow - you're another presumptious person - there seems to be loads round here. Tell me what else I've done then?

8)
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Apr 08, 2009, 15:59
Apr 08, 2009, 15:57
EDIT: Ah who the fuck cares.
x
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index