barack's nuts

Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: barack's nuts
Jul 15, 2008, 21:43
Abortion, or at least population control, will certainly be an issue in the near future. I suppose Gay Marriage may be too, as it does indirectly have some relevence.

Mark Steel once came up with the idea that Everyone should have to be gay for 2 years. Make that 10 years and perhaps that will help match the population to the resource base without a genocide.

In a country awash with guns, that is a distinct possibility.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 23:34
PMM wrote:
perhaps that will help match the population to the resource base without a genocide.

In a country awash with guns, that is a distinct possibility.

Well, we already had a genocide on this continent. The problem is that if there were to be another it would still be nonwhites who suffer the vast majority of it.

Hope I'm not offending anyone here when I say this, but by a measurable degree, us white anglo-saxons are a morally challenged lot. So many of us have been raised in a culture that rewards results while studiously avoiding methods. Just in general, we've been miserable bastards that have the dubious distinction of turning the world onto the joys of industrialization.

I'm not really talking about white guilt here as much as I'm just pointing out the obvious... a lot of the white world's success today is built on the blood, sweat and tears of africans, chinese, all sorts of people who live under NON-democratic regimes but toil to serve us.

I would like to see the final legacy of this european onslaught to be redeemed by the application of those very radical and resourceful science and engineering skills that it has been building on since the renaissance towards tech that will free the people of the world from energy dependence.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jul 16, 2008, 10:20
handofdave wrote:
we've been miserable bastards that have the dubious distinction of turning the world onto the joys of industrialization.

I'm not really talking about white guilt here as much as I'm just pointing out the obvious... a lot of the white world's success today is built on the blood, sweat and tears of africans, chinese, all sorts of people who live under NON-democratic regimes but toil to serve us.

I would like to see the final legacy of this european onslaught to be redeemed by the application of those very radical and resourceful science and engineering skills that it has been building on since the renaissance towards tech that will free the people of the world from energy dependence.

Brilliantly put, absolute fuckin poetry!
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 16, 2008, 14:09
Thanks, Merrick.

Ya know, I don't think white european industry is all bad. I tend to gravitate towards the belief that us big brained apes are all part of a great big natural system that seeks to know itself. Our current precariousness may be a prelude to a metamorphosis. Crude 19th century tech had to happen in order for 21st century clean tech to arise.

The only way out of all this is forward, but not forward the way a certain now notorious demographic would have it. Advances in microelectronics, materials, satellites, communications, etc. and the corresponding ubiquity of these powerful tools mean a more connected world that can make better use of their own resources, with more efficiency.

I really do believe that science isn't an aberration that imperils the planet, ultimately. It's been misused in its adolescence, but the knowledge we're amassing will be just as useful in the saving of our world as it has been in the destruction of it. But the human race clearly is due for big growing pains. I just hope it's recognized as a wake up call for us all to grow up and not another apocalyptic excuse to go on a tear.
ron
ron
706 posts

Jul 16, 2008, 19:04
handofdave wrote:

hmmm... sounds vaguely familiar

x
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 16, 2008, 19:40
Ah, you and your lunar solar power again?

Someday, someday. Like I said before, there's a lot of much cheaper, direct-to-the-consumer solutions to be explored first.

Setting up a full scale LSP operation as envisioned would be a massive undertaking that would STILL be controlled by a small number of people. What I'm talking about is a diffusion of tech, a way for people to get OFF the grid, not onto an even more remotely owned and operated one.
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Jul 18, 2008, 17:09
handofdave wrote:
tinky10675 wrote:
You know what...Im out of this discussion.Do you not remember waiting to buy gas on odd or even days depending on your license plate? Smog Alerts in California? Some of the most Naive global politics the world has ever seen? Allowing our people to be held hostage for 444 days? Yeah man I want a possibility of repeating that high point in Americas past.(not) Dave I don't know your age or where you are in America but seriously dude look at your facts. Im done with politics on here this is a music web site anyways....

illegally invading Iraq and causing massive suffering so the oil companies can move in and take possession of their oil fields.

Game over. See y'all in the dressing room...
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Jul 18, 2008, 17:18
tinky10675 wrote:
That does not include you or several others who have had intelligent debate in this forum but there is always a few cancers who plague a forum such as this and I think they are aware of who they are.

Nope, I don't know what you mean. Name some names, horse face!
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jul 18, 2008, 17:26
tinky10675 wrote:
Im done with politics on here this is a music web site anyways....

I loved that one, a broadside of political points with no explanation as to their relevance, then saying that we shouldn't talk politics here anyway. On a forum whose remit is 'politics, righteous talk and direct action'.

I hear what PMM says about shooing people away who don't agree with the general consensus here, but I don't think that's what happened in Tinky's case. Thinking differently is no excuse for large amounts of abuse, nor for ignoring the counterpoints to what you've said.

Also, i'm not so sure how much we have a cohesive single viewpoint here anyway.

We all disagree with each other over some things, but if we do it with explanation then we hold our own.

More importantly, if we all approach it like that then we're going to either change minds or have ours changed. We all have some ideas that we need to be disabused of, and debating with informed concerned people who disagree with us is a fast way of getting it done. Good, let's clear the junk ideas and spread the good ones.

That's why I plug away with direct but polite responses and repeat until answered; it makes it clear that they have no answer. It also, a bit later, makes them fuck off if they won't admit they have no answers and keep trying to hoodwink us with crooked postings.

Tinky goes the way of Margaret Thatcher, it seems.
tinky10675
tinky10675
209 posts

Jul 18, 2008, 17:33
You are entitled to believe what you will but rest assured im no flamer I just didnt see the point of going in circles on this particular subject and chose to bow out rather than continue the mud slinging(on both sides i might add) so excuse me while I move on to more timely current events such as the loss of 12,00 jobs thanks to starbucks in my new topic posting.
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index