Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jan 15, 2017, 17:12
Re: The Outrun
Jan 15, 2017, 17:07
carol27 wrote:

And, possibly to troubled men. I also have H is for Hawk & can't be bothered with it. I'll try the other one though tjj.
It's great reading educated people posting with knowledgeable stuff; in fact I'm in awe. However there is sometimes a lofty, patronising tone that creeps into the discourse.
The problem that I find with this is that as a relative newcomer who undoubtedly talks emotional bollocks at times may be put off by it. Ultimately it will lead to a stagnant forum.
Other ideas, just because they may not be proven facts should perhaps be afforded some degree of respect because at least people are sufficiently interested enough to post about it & surely getting folk interested is important.
Either which way getting out there & seeing these places is something that I know will continue with me & mine whatever. I just may not blather on about them very much on here:)

You bring a lot to this forum Carol (and the other ones). I think its called a sense of humour and not taking the exchanges too very seriously. I loved your 'Get down Shep' comment yesterday.

I think you will like Amy Liptrot "As she spends her mornings swimming in the bracingly cold sea, her days tracking Orkney's wildlife, and her nights searching the sky for the Merry Dancers ..."
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index