Britain's Ancient Capital: Secrets Of Orkney

194 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog in fog
Dog in fog
317 posts

Re: Britain's Ancient Capital: Secrets Of Orkney
Jan 06, 2017, 15:51
Just tagging onto the general discussion. I'm aware it may seem as though I rejoice in being willfully ignorant. It's not that at all: I just cannot think scientifically. Nor am I a pagan; nor do I follow any religions. I experience life as a preposterous very long play. The more exceptional scenes featuring eg stone circles foster a massive increase of 'in the moment' attention and wonder. I appreciate that others may enjoy performing ceremonies or conducting scientific research respectively.

In the artist's mausoleum I found myself in on Christmas Day in Oslo, of course I marvelled that a person or people with knowledge of physics and acoustics had built a place with a 10 second reverb effect! But talk of sound waves and concrete's properties and equations would not reach my excitement button in my mind, so I sang and scribbled a few lines of no-doubt rubbish poetry. That does not lessen my general appreciation that someone else was excited enough to pursue and create that space. Let alone, every inch of wall and ceiling is covered with the artist's art! Similarly, the same scientists may be completely incapable of playing an instrument - due to being tone deaf or not excited enough to practise for hours - but would love going to concerts and enjoying the fruits of a musician's passion and talents.

It's a good job we're all different!

;-)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index