John Michell lecture

Pages: 36 – [ Previous | 129 30 31 32 33 34 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: John Michell lecture
May 19, 2016, 11:25
I only wish I could I could have had the opportunity to honour the bet .
You evaded it at every turn, where is the mention of referee , see below .

Maybe English is your second language but why does it take umpteen repeats and you still don't get it .

Possibly best to take each sentence at a time , re-read until fully understood and it may become clear .

There is no secret formula , you may even know that ,although it is clear you don't understand it from your various comments .

A week ago I provided a challenge that set out what I would do .You were given the opportunity to provide a site , I could have asked for an independent referee to do the choosing but allowed you to choose the site .A referee was necessary to confirm data and hold the bet ( I wasn’t doing this for nothing if it concerned you ).
You suggested your garden and I assented .
You then evaded providing the site of garden and made no mention of the problem of finding a referee and the problem about them accessing the unknown spot and holding the dosh .
More days passed with no movement on you providing the detail then you commented that challenge was “idiotic “ and you had another idea .
Until this point you had entirely evaded the challenge .

I’m the one doing the work ,you don’t tell me what to do .
If I want to tell you something , I will .
I won’t tell you somethings , just because you asked .
I will gladly tell you somethings ,but only as long as you pay ,this only applies to a very few people , I would give the same info to others freely .

To show the extent of your lies and due to your evasion ,I extended the challenge to multiple sites that had never been previously surveyed and all open to checking from multiple referees .
You didn’t respond .
I now assume that there is no way you could face the challenge and certainly not back up the lies with dosh .
The challenge remains open but as you have evaded it , what will still come from it is real data and no input /dosh from you .
First up , looks like a possible solstice alignment , i.e. the all important point , that the axis of the monument is probably aligned to the solstice .
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 19, 2016, 11:33
nigelswift wrote:
" How the audience will view your increasingly desperate efforts to get away from revealing this magic formula is beyond me"

To be entirely fair old chap, he's willing to show his workings to everyone except you and Nigel Farage.

It's obvious that the only way he can respond is to be an irritant .
The usal fringe approach of nothing substantive , but they can still sling insults and lies , it's all they have ,and the only outlet they have to have a go back .That is why many simply ignore them .Myris told me that if you associate with crap it only rubs off . I don't mind , what matters most is pointing out their nonsense .
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

May 19, 2016, 11:46
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Hi George,

If I want to find where the sun will rise from an ancient monument on any given date, what calculations do I have to do to find the angle of the Suns path and that locations horizon height etc? I'm not at the site, but want to do it remotely.

Could you explain the process?

Certainly .
I can send you the details ,as long as you promise not to tell Cerrig .

lol.

Tell me the site , make it one that has never had a survey and I'll do the business .

Meacombe burial chamber, Devon.

Doubt anybody has had a proper look at it.

Ok , did you get the stuff ?

Great site ,didn't know it .

Solstices ?

Do you know the axis of the chamber at Meacombe ?

I know next to nothing about it as the one and only time I visited was an extremely quick dash across a field full of cows with increasing curiosity, but it strikes me as a good one to look at because of what seems to me a restricted and definite 'window' in terms of orientation and the interesting horizon.

Just tried to locate it on google earth, but it's tricky to find, even using the kml plug in which isn't always on the exact spot.
But from memory I would say NW/SE, so quite possibly solstice, yes.

Just found this, I was right with the NW/SE! Wonders will never cease.

http://www.heritagegateway.org.uk/Gateway/Results_Single.aspx?uid=MDV8231&resourceID=104

Yep , it looks good for a possible solstice orientation .
The azis (based on true north not magnetic or grid (fwiw so anyone using compasses will have to pay attention to the magnetic variation ) based on 2500 BC declinations rather than the present are SSSR= just over 52
degees ,WSSR =133 ,WSSS =228,SSSS=310 .
without the actual axis figure ,which will have a relatively wide "window " ,I can't say for sure but it does look good from the various pics and we shouldn't expect pinpoint accuracy from the builders . The ssss is also by far the longest horizon distance .
Any more like that in the area ?

There is a portal tomb, spinsters rock, not too far away. Might be interesting to look at.
cerrig
187 posts

May 19, 2016, 13:06
I see, so its a referee that's your problem now is it, and when I get one of those what will it be then, I wonder?

I would propose one but that would just give you another reason to slither away again. Just what sort of person is acceptable as a referee, if I may be so bold as to request a response from" He who is the slipperiest"
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 19, 2016, 14:17
If you had read and understood the challenge which has been posted numerous times you would have seen .
" "What I will gladly do for you ,is take a bet ,you suggest a site and I will tell you where the sun will rise or set as seen from the site or the alt ,to the same tolerance as is usually expected from astro calc. A referee can hold the £100 and check the test ."
Note the last sentence . the dosh and referee are all important .
I realise the fringe crowd don't go in for evidence but it's the only way I work .

Just think there is now the possibility that you could prove me wrong at multiple sites . But you will evade that too ,the possibility of multiple referees and cheques will no doubt produce further evasions .
Never mind you can still call me names .

As for being slippery and evading all the problems and questions and the challenge , I note that yet another evasion was the recent lie in trying to suggest that one of your nonsensical posts here was a "private e-mail ".
cerrig
187 posts

May 19, 2016, 14:25
Hmmm, I would have thought something like; surveyor or astronomer may have answered my question. Maybe it was a bit too subtle for you, so I will ask it again.

Who would qualify as a referee, and what else is needed to actually get you to do this?

Seems simple enough to me.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 19, 2016, 14:35
It has taken a week for you to realise the importance of a referee .
Did you also fail to notice the possibility of a simple test invoilving multiple referees .

I supply the info at various sites , that have never been surveyed and they vist to check,taking a pic for confirmation .
Very simple .
As always done for the fun and interest of it , it also produces interesting info so far there is the possibiliy of a solstcie alignment .
As I' mdoing the work I' mputting a limit of 10 sites because of time constarints but nearer the solstice I would be willing to do more .Here is a chance for you to put your money where your mouth is . Up for it ?
cerrig
187 posts

May 19, 2016, 14:50
Nice try George, but we have a bet already, which you will honour,sooner or later. You can run but you can't hide forever.

Your trickery has been noticed George. People are watching this.

Your move !
cerrig
187 posts

May 19, 2016, 14:55
Just a small addition to my last message. This whole thread has been saved. Every single post is on record elsewhere now. You are going to be hung by your own words, and you know it, don't you, Mr slippery.

Lets get it on George. You are not getting away with it this time.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 19, 2016, 15:58
Fortunately some people are and it is being recorded .
Everything is as clear as day .
You have continually evaded the challenege , told lies ,avoided all points and ignored anything that makes your points invalid .
Failure to understand the simplest of Engklish has also been a feature or maybe that is just a convenient excuse .
Pretending not to the notice the importance and mention of a referee despite umpteen tellings ,explains a lot .

Meanwhile one of your comments is in the process of being shown up to be the lie that it is .
Evading that challenge too .
Pages: 36 – [ Previous | 129 30 31 32 33 34 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index