John Michell lecture

Pages: 36 – [ Previous | 128 29 30 31 32 33 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: John Michell lecture
May 18, 2016, 17:45
Yes shooting fish in a barrel but somebody had to tell him .
But the reply has to be seen in context .
Prior to that he was told "with comapassion" privately but the reason that the above was lacking in compassion was due to his previous responses where we had the usual upset fringe , resorting to footstamping and abuse and no content .

The problem is more than just believing in vibes and has nothing to do with stone circles and pyramids . It's playing about with numbers to create something that is apparently significant ,when it obviously is not .

This discussion is not about methods , it's the old one about those with a chip on their shoulder being abusive and not providing anything to support their claims .
BTW the methods stuff is a joke , it is all available in the literature and on the web . C may even know some , if a bit shakily .
He is just upset about stuff like the above and can be as abusive as he likes without providing anything to support it .
He completely ignores anything that shows how wrong he is about his claims .
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 18, 2016, 17:46
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Hi George,

If I want to find where the sun will rise from an ancient monument on any given date, what calculations do I have to do to find the angle of the Suns path and that locations horizon height etc? I'm not at the site, but want to do it remotely.

Could you explain the process?

Certainly .
I can send you the details ,as long as you promise not to tell Cerrig .

lol.

Tell me the site , make it one that has never had a survey and I'll do the business .

Meacombe burial chamber, Devon.

Doubt anybody has had a proper look at it.

Ok , did you get the stuff ?
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 18, 2016, 17:57
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Hi George,

If I want to find where the sun will rise from an ancient monument on any given date, what calculations do I have to do to find the angle of the Suns path and that locations horizon height etc? I'm not at the site, but want to do it remotely.

Certainly .

lol.

Tell me the site , make it one that has never had a survey and I'll do the business .

Great site ,didn't know it .

Solstices ?

Do you know the axis of the chamber at Meacombe ?
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

May 18, 2016, 21:26
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Hi George,

Certainly .

lol.

I did, thank you George, fantastic stuff.
I will sit down with it at the weekend and work my way through. I am bound to have more questions.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

May 18, 2016, 21:34
tiompan wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Hi George,

Certainly .

lol.

Solstices ?

I know next to nothing about it as the one and only time I visited was an extremely quick dash across a field full of cows with increasing curiosity, but it strikes me as a good one to look at because of what seems to me a restricted and definite 'window' in terms of orientation and the interesting horizon.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

May 18, 2016, 21:42
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Hi George,

Certainly .

lol.

Solstices ?

I know next to nothing about it as the one and only time I visited was an extremely quick dash across a field full of cows with increasing curiosity, but it strikes me as a good one to look at because of what seems to me a restricted and definite 'window' in terms of orientation and the interesting horizon.

Just tried to locate it on google earth, but it's tricky to find, even using the kml plug in which isn't always on the exact spot.
But from memory I would say NW/SE, so quite possibly solstice, yes.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

May 18, 2016, 21:54
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Hi George,

Certainly .

lol.

Solstices ?

Just tried to locate it on google earth, but it's tricky to find, even using the kml plug in which isn't always on the exact spot.

Just found this, I was right with the NW/SE! Wonders will never cease.

http://www.heritagegateway.org.uk/Gateway/Results_Single.aspx?uid=MDV8231&resourceID=104
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 19, 2016, 08:16
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Hi George,

Certainly .

lol.

Solstices ?

Just found this, I was right with the NW/SE! Wonders will never cease.

http://www.heritagegateway.org.uk/Gateway/Results_Single.aspx?uid=MDV8231&resourceID=104

Yep , it looks good for a possible solstice orientation .
The azis (based on true north not magnetic or grid (fwiw so anyone using compasses will have to pay attention to the magnetic variation ) based on 2500 BC declinations rather than the present are SSSR= just over 52
degees ,WSSR =133 ,WSSS =228,SSSS=310 .
without the actual axis figure ,which will have a relatively wide "window " ,I can't say for sure but it does look good from the various pics and we shouldn't expect pinpoint accuracy from the builders . The ssss is also by far the longest horizon distance .
Any more like that in the area ?
cerrig
187 posts

May 19, 2016, 10:18
As I thought. So predictable George. You are given a day and time for this challenge of yours to take place, and instead of accepting you blow more smoke out of your arse and pretend it's me whose avoiding this. I accepted your challenge 6 days ago, but you haven't responded with anything but bullshit ever since. How much slimier can you get.
This is what you wanted isn't it ? You can actually do this calculation in an hour can't you, given the grid reference, or is there a problem there too?

It's quite simple, honour your bet. You set it, now stop hiding. If you are scared of your best guess being scrutinised I can accept that. How the audience will view your increasingly desperate efforts to get away from revealing this magic formula is beyond me, especially if it's so freely available on line anyway, but that's for others to judge. I just think you have something to hide.

So here it is again.

At midday today, if you agree to accept this, I will post a grid reference. You have one hour to come back with an answer. If you don't want to show your workings that's fine, complete nonsense, but fine. Just post your answer, within one hour. If you can't do it by then I will denounce you as the fraud you are.
You've been rumbled George. Prove me wrong, if you dare.

I'm supremely confident you will try once again to squirm your way out of this one, just like you've been doing for the past week. It will be amusing to see what bullshit you come up with this time.
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 19, 2016, 10:57
" How the audience will view your increasingly desperate efforts to get away from revealing this magic formula is beyond me"

To be entirely fair old chap, he's willing to show his workings to everyone except you and Nigel Farage.
Pages: 36 – [ Previous | 128 29 30 31 32 33 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index