Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robert Carr
84 posts

Re: Time capsule - Lord Avebury's opinion
Jul 20, 2007, 10:12
nigelswift wrote:
Go on, give him a ring.

No bites yet?
Tell 'em they put the worm at the wrong end.

Sorry... no comprende...
Robert Carr
84 posts

Jul 20, 2007, 11:02
Robert Carr wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
Go on, give him a ring.

No bites yet?
Tell 'em they put the worm at the wrong end.

Sorry... no comprende...

Ah I see now! I must be a bit thick - I thought it was an answer to my question.

Poor old Nigel, you really are upset about something or other.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 20, 2007, 11:08

Wot, that a man of immense authority and utter probity has publicly voiced an opinion about the time capsule nonsense that most people here have been voicing for weeks? Aye, mortified.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jul 20, 2007, 11:12
nigelswift wrote:
Wot, that a man of immense authority and utter probity has publicly voiced an opinion about the time capsule nonsense that most people here have been voicing for weeks? Aye, mortified.

lol!

G x
Robert Carr
84 posts

Jul 20, 2007, 11:15
nigelswift wrote:

No I was talking about the childish ad hominem.

Cheer up mate! Weekend tomorrow.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 20, 2007, 11:32
No I was talking about the childish ad hominem.

Ah well, when a publicly funded body acts in a childish fashion I tend to reciprocate I suppose. I did write a grown-up account of the conservation issues and send it to them but they didn't reply.
Robert Carr
84 posts

Jul 20, 2007, 11:57
nigelswift wrote:
I did write a grown-up account of the conservation issues and send it to them but they didn't reply.

Is that all? I'm sure that a successful campaign needs a little more than one letter and acres of bile on an internet forum. Just ask Cursuswalker.

I sometimes think that Heritage Action might do better with a Chairman with a bit more oomph!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 20, 2007, 12:02
I sometimes think that Heritage Action might do better with a Chairman with a bit more oomph!

Hahaha! So do I.
But since in this instance it clearly turns out that oomph I was right and oomph you and your mates were utterly wrong I guess I'll limp along for just a little bit longer.
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Jul 20, 2007, 12:14
Robert Carr wrote:

Well, if you'd had the 'oomph' to even set up something like Heritage Action you'd have room to say such a thing.

I do wish you'd stop just being deliberately provocative - it's making this thread ridiculously hard work for those of us who are interested in what people (including you) actually have to say on the issue(s).

love

Moth
moss
moss
2897 posts

Jul 20, 2007, 12:26
"I sometimes think that Heritage Action might do better with a Chairman with a bit more oomph!"

Oh dear, hope you're not putting yourself forward, its democratically voted on by HA members ;)
requirements are a keen sense of humour, plus the ability to fight the snipers, thirdly (although this should come first) comes the skill to sift through a mass of words to get to the truth of the matter. This of course means wending a difficult path through said snipers - not an easy job by any means. As you see Nigel makes an excellent chairman....
Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 150 51 52 53 54 55 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index