This topic is locked

Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Silbury updates
May 23, 2007, 22:26
It's the oldest ploy in the book - secrecy.

However, "I have withheld nothing from my teachings. There is no secret teaching, no hidden meaning; everything has been taught openly and clearly."

Shakyamuni Buddha.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Re: Silbury updates
May 23, 2007, 23:25
I can't believe it's not Buddha!
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Silbury updates: 'Atkinson/BBC Entrance'
May 24, 2007, 17:34
Q. 22-5-2007 'Atkinson/BBC Entrance'

One of the first principles of conservation is that nothing of the original object under conservation should either be taken away or added to. With that in mind, may we assume that the 1968 'Atkinson/BBC Entrance' with its appalling S logo will now be removed and that part of Silbury restored to its (as far as possible) original condition?

LS

A. 23-5-2007 'Atkinson/BBC Entrance'

"Dear LS

People hold differing views on whether the Atkinson entrance structure should be left or taken away, and there is a conservation-based argument for both positions.

Our original plan was to transport the door to the Alexander Keiller museum in Avebury and to retain the concrete lintel in situ, but grassed over.

We have revisited this plan and still feel that this is the approach that we will take, unless of course the concrete portal structure has to be removed for Health & Safety reasons.

Best regards from the Silbury Project team"

NB There is absolutely no conservation-based argument for the Atkinson entrance to remain.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: tyres.
May 25, 2007, 08:22
Yay! Hat is well and truly ORF! :oD

I might ask the Silbury Project Team... I'm sure they would have photographed them. It's only an idle curiosity! Blimey!

At least there was SOMETHING holding the tunnel up! ;o)

G x
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

May 25, 2007, 08:48
;)). We're all curious, mind you, you know what curiousity did to the cat. ;] lol! Keep trying for photo's, G. May i congratulate you and Mrs G on your awesome news, too. xxxxxxx
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

May 25, 2007, 09:10
supercat wrote:
;)). We're all curious, mind you, you know what curiousity did to the cat. ;] lol! Keep trying for photo's, G. May i congratulate you and Mrs G on your awesome news, too. xxxxxxx

Why, fankyewver' much! :o) We're very excited..!

I shall try to NOT get killed in my pursuit for curiosity, but the warning has been taken on board... ;o)

G x
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

May 25, 2007, 09:30
You'd be taken seriously, me, however, wearing this garb, would be laughed outta court. Good luck. Tra.
VenerableBottyBurp
675 posts

May 25, 2007, 16:02
goffik wrote:
Fairly do's...

I only wannid to see 'em tho... :(

G x

Whilst bearing in mind you news (congrats) and money need be conserved, the tyres probably aint any good and wouldn't fit your vehicle anyway!

But they also found some spark plugs - THEY WERE CHAMPION !!!

They didn't really it was a contrivance to jest...

jest off to get me coat...

VBB :o)
scousemaiden
160 posts

Re: First EH update
May 25, 2007, 22:24
Actually they are! All the children in the junior classes are going to Silbury in June to take part in the "activities" going on there. As a parent helper i'm going too, and if i get the chance to go inside i most definitely will.
Scousemaiden xxx
whipangel
137 posts

Re: Silbury updates: 'Atkinson/BBC Entrance'
May 25, 2007, 23:21
Ahem, I couldn't resist.

http://www.codeandeffect.co.uk/blog/2007/history-prehistory/silbury-update-number-1/
Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index