The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Silbury Hill »
Silbury updates
This topic is locked

Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 133 34 35 36 37 38 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
rammie
31 posts

Re: (OT) Antlers, and the pieces thereof......
Jul 01, 2007, 12:01
Pilgrim wrote:
....The AB's have just been beaten by the Aussies, and a day of mourning is in the offing....

Lol!

Didn't realise you were still in NZ, thought it was just a holiday, did you emigrate then?
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
597 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 12:06
rammie wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
....The AB's have just been beaten by the Aussies, and a day of mourning is in the offing....

Lol!

Didn't realise you were still in NZ, thought it was just a holiday, did you emigrate then?

Nix. I''ve been here for eighteen months or so. Mind you, it's getting the point that I can't afford to go back! Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? It's midnight and wintery, and I'm off to bed. Enjoy your day.

Peace

Pilgrim

X
Robert Carr
84 posts

Re: Time Capsules?
Jul 01, 2007, 12:10
slumpystones wrote:
Anyone can create a search phrase and get thousands of response pages. I bet paedophilia gets a good few, but I doubt that you support that too?

uh...?

support...? paedophilia...?

sorry I'm lost...
rammie
31 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 12:13
Well the weather only seems like its midnight & wintery here!

rammie
Robert Carr
84 posts

Re: Ask the Experts
Jul 01, 2007, 12:13
Littlestone wrote:
Some six weeks in and not a single word on English Heritage's Ask the Experts page.* English Heritage's incompetence speaks for itself.

* http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server/show/nav.17513

Is there an expert in the house who can help this poor man while he's waiting? It sounds as if he's in a bad way.
slumpystones
769 posts

Re: Ask the Experts
Jul 01, 2007, 12:26
Robert Carr wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
Some six weeks in and not a single word on English Heritage's Ask the Experts page.* English Heritage's incompetence speaks for itself.

* http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server/show/nav.17513

Is there an expert in the house who can help this poor man while he's waiting? It sounds as if he's in a bad way.

He can give you a presciption for that sarcastic attitude for a start.

I doubt anything could be said on any subject without you sniping at the pseron complaining.

Do you honestly think that after six weeks a government agency should not be questioned on their lack of information, considering the number of questions sent to them?

Or maybe you're just looking for an argument?
slumpystones
769 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 12:27
rammie wrote:
slumpystones wrote:
...Silbury was at one time a huge building site, and one would expect to find discarded lumps and broken tips everywhere....

....ahhh really, thanks for that. So any items left in Silbury don't matter and it is the monument as a whole that is important.

Just explaining to those who may not know that not every single scrap of antler is a deliberate deposit. Some are not as knowledgeable as you.
rammie
31 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 12:29
Yeah, just being facetious this time, damn, there goes another England wicket!
slumpystones
769 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 12:33
Robert Carr wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/upload/pdf/Silbury_Hill_Finds_Update_Week_05.pdf

"Pieces of antler pick are the next most prevalent artefact to be recovered from Silbury Hill so far. The example on the left exhibits old breaks and as you can see is remarkably well preserved. Antlers were ideal material for the breaking up of the chalk used to construct the mound,and are often found in association with prehistoric ditch structures."

You don't really believe anything that English Heritage tells you... do you? They're just 'incompetent fools'... I thought?

Stay on message please.

Is this the RC version of "How to win friends and influence people" ?
slumpystones
769 posts

Re: Time Capsules?
Jul 01, 2007, 12:36
Robert Carr wrote:
slumpystones wrote:
Anyone can create a search phrase and get thousands of response pages. I bet paedophilia gets a good few, but I doubt that you support that too?

uh...?

support...? paedophilia...?

sorry I'm lost...

Maybe you should stick to sarcastic remarks then.

You quoted a search term in Google to support your argument, and I proved how worthless it all is.

Try to keep up lad...
Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 133 34 35 36 37 38 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index