Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 128 29 30 31 32 33 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: English Heritage - Another side
Jun 29, 2007, 10:08
Cheers and whoops

Core blimey fitz, glad you cleared that one up (thought you were getting into some kind of Zen thingy there :-)

Yeah, your right when you say you, "...would imagine many newcomers to this forum could be quite taken aback, and possibly put off, by the frequent, and occasionally vitriolic, anti-EH sentiments expressed by a number of regular contributors." Thing is, many of those regular contributors have been banging their heads against a wall of official EH silence for years and are understandably frustrated to the point of despair. I know it's difficult (because there is so much info on TMA) but newcomers do have a bit of a responsibility to scroll back and see if various topics have been discussed before, and how the Forum in general has responded to them.

Thanks for the offer to meet up in the 'true and tender north' - will take you up on that sometime. One thing's for sure, when you actually do meet up with folks you realize just how nice they are and how much we all have in common.
Robert Carr
84 posts

I like a nice friendly site!
Jun 29, 2007, 11:01
Littlestone wrote:

... open a separate thread ...

Yes sure boss. How do I delete my post?

Littlestone wrote:

... but newcomers do have a bit of a responsibility to scroll back and see if various topics have been discussed before, and how the Forum in general has responded to them.

Thank God it's not compulsory then.
But do you really mean?

"if you don't agree with me, don't post and f**k off"

It sounds like it! Thanks for your welcome to this board.

Littlestone wrote:

... though I suspect you will receive little sympathy for discussing things Roman on The Modern Antiquarian.

hmmm.. I see. Point noted thanks. Nice to meet a fellow enthusiast anyway.

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=39522&offset=150
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jun 29, 2007, 11:13
If anyone wishes to show those two facts are inaccurate in any way I'll be pleased to revise my opinion.

No, Nigel, you're spot on as always.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

School visit today
Jun 29, 2007, 12:36
seems its back on and the kids are there today, iI hope they have a great time.
I don't have time to get permissions from parents so can't take photos without getting arrested now.
Let me know how it went eh?
PeteG
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Silbury updates
Jun 29, 2007, 13:07
Excellent! Got me reply from the busy bods at Silbury today...

"There are no plans to allow the school children on visits into the hill. As I'm sure you can appreciate, the health and safety issues surrounding work of this nature mean we cannot allow members of the public into the tunnel.

Currently, only staff involved with the project are allowed into the hill, and are subject to a series of safety checks and measures before they enter"

G x
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jun 29, 2007, 13:16
Currently, only staff involved with the project are allowed into the hill, and are subject to a series of safety checks...

Does that mean that the staff might be dangerous or that Silbury might be ;-)
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jun 29, 2007, 13:20
Littlestone wrote:
Does that mean that the staff might be dangerous or that Silbury might be ;-)

I think they just need to frisk them prior to entering to make sure they're not carrying any tyres... ;o)

G x
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jun 29, 2007, 13:22
Or the wrong sort of time capsule :-)
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: slumpy's EH comment - England's Heritage
Jun 29, 2007, 20:23
Your poem and a pic now up on Megalithic Poems at http://megalithicpoems.blogspot.com/ Let me know if you want anything changing.
rammie
31 posts

Jun 29, 2007, 21:19
Well, what do you know? Can't disagree with either of your points Nigel.
Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 128 29 30 31 32 33 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index