Silbaby »
Silbaby -a plea.

Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
BrigantesNation
1733 posts

Re: Council reply
Nov 29, 2004, 11:37
I always love the way councils always assume stuff like this - did they bother to ask?

This may well be a bad sign, since if they are right, the landowner may have plans for it.

First thing is to make contact with the landowner and fidn out what if anything is planned. You may not want to say what you think the site is until you know this person better.

At the end of the day, the future of this site is 98% determined by the landowner. No work of any sort can be done without hgis/her consent. Including archeological investigations.
StoneLifter
StoneLifter
1594 posts

Re: Moon Set
Nov 29, 2004, 14:10
Yes, it's clear enough here to see the horizon in the northwest. Pure murk this morning. The moon's declination was +27.53 at midday, presumably at Greenwich, while tomorrow midday it's +27.41. The alignment given by Thom (p.100) is +28.4. It's getting closer - a successful photograph down this line will be a world first. I guess there would have been a marquee pitched at the Sanctuary in the olden times. But just what was in those beakers ?
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Not Tuesday
Nov 29, 2004, 19:30
I can't make it tuesday as when I got back to my car at the west kennet avenue layby this afternoon some wanker had slashed all 4 of my brand new tyres!
Probably the same idiot that put nails under them last tuesday!
PeteG
StoneLifter
StoneLifter
1594 posts

Re: Not Tuesday
Nov 30, 2004, 08:17
We've got a year or so to get these pictures. Not just at Avebury but at many of the other sites that are based on this moon (and tide) cycle.

The moon looks good now - very clear. Although it's the convention that ephemerises are set for midday this NASA one may just be 00:00 - I'd better check.

"To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" and also - without the farmers we would have nothing to eat.

Have you time for the Portable Finds Officer ? Took ours a lump of rock last week - she wasn't impressed ...
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index