Autumnal Plans

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Autumnal Plans
Oct 02, 2003, 12:03
Rather than just complaining that not much is happening on the Forum (like I just did on another thread) I thought I'd start a new, forward thinking, positive thread.

Autumn is on the way (or here I suppose if you're in Scotland) so I was wondering what megalithic plans people have for the leafy months ahead of us?

I'm a bit stumped for good ideas myself (I'm skint, and I've got lots of other stuff I should be doing). BUT...it's planning megalithic trips that keeps me going, so there's no way I'm going to give in and do nothing this Autumn! I'm hoping I might get some ideas from what other people are planning.

K x
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: Autumnal Plans
Oct 02, 2003, 12:13
I'm thinking about places that need lack of vegetation to be seen. Especially thinking of stones with rock-art along the Whin-sill in Northumberland.
(The little bastards keep hiding from me. But I'm working on a cup-n-ring detection device involving magpie feathers, oyster shells, mud, twigs and a space shuttle. Iv'e already got most of the bits...)

The other thing is where has nice trees?
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Oct 02, 2003, 12:30
Hmmmm.........
Me and the Mothlike creature are off to Turkey week after next to an area particularly rich in crumbly old stuff but I can't find any bleedin' info on Neolithic and Bronze Age archaeo bits for the Lycian coast. Grrrrrrrrrr. Those frigging R*mans again, stealing the show, I suspect....

Might make a foray into North Yorks in mid-November....

Perhaps a reccie to Dorset over the Christmas period...

But next year will see a Cornish spring and Orcadian summer, I hope!
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Oct 02, 2003, 12:32
Tend to just do whatever I would have done if it was summer! Tends to result in wet feet & chilled fingers etc, but hey, it all adds to the feeling of achievement etc. (This may be different if Jane's with me however, as she's a soft suvverner & allergic to cold.)

I'm also another who has a list of places to visit when the vegetation will have died down a bit.

love

Moth
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Oct 02, 2003, 12:33
I am gona go to stanton drew b4 theeeeee strange beardy men get there! <shiVer>
WhOoOSH* (oOoer its that ting again)
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Oct 02, 2003, 12:34
Erm, and what J said below!

love

Moth
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

More of the same
Oct 02, 2003, 12:36
I think my goal of getting to all the portal tombs this year will be achieved, but I'm gonna try :-)

Apart from that it's a case of wait and see.

And, yes, loads of sites that are usually hidden in the undergrowth will have to be visited too.
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Oct 02, 2003, 12:46
Turkey sounds very good as does the Orcadian summer. What megalithic wonders await you in Turkey? I am totally ignorant of such things.

We have a yen to visit Scotland again (it's been too long), so maybe we'll head off that way next summer. I'm determined to get two whole weeks of holiday at some stage next year.

K x
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Oct 02, 2003, 12:46
Best do what you're told.

;-)#

K x
pebblesfromheaven
pebblesfromheaven
853 posts

Re: More of the same
Oct 02, 2003, 12:50
FW,
what are you going to do when you've seen them all?

;-)

.o0O0o.
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index